A cold spell

RobL

Link Posted 08/01/2021 - 14:42
Yesterday we had a heavy frost and it was very foggy - who could resist! Today we had a dusting of snow but melting fast so again I went for a walk, here are a few from today and yesterday.

K10D

Link Posted 08/01/2021 - 14:47
Nos 2 and 5 are the stand outs from the set. Makes you feel cold just looking at them.

Best regards

Lubbyman

Link Posted 08/01/2021 - 14:52
RobL wrote:
Yesterday we had a heavy frost and it was very foggy - who could resist!

Resistence is futile! Well worth getting out in the cold for pictures like these.

Agree with K10D about the stand outs. But No. 1 reaches my soft spot for pictures of paths that go off into who-knows-where.

Steve

psburnley

Link Posted 08/01/2021 - 15:26
A nice set. Number 4 is my favourite. Is the colour in 2 natural or a sepia tone added?

RobL

Link Posted 08/01/2021 - 15:43
psburnley wrote:
A nice set. Number 4 is my favourite. Is the colour in 2 natural or a sepia tone added?

Thanks psburnley, I had the camera colour temperature set to "cloudy" rather than the usual "auto" which gives it that warm colour although I switched back to "auto" for the rest. To counter that a bit in Lightroom I modified the colour grading of the shadows into some blue; in fact I have done that on all of them as it subtly gives that cold feel without losing the colours of stone, dead grass etc.

jvs

Link Posted 08/01/2021 - 16:06
An opportunity not to be missed, indeed! Nothing like frost and fog to keep most sensible folk indoors and photographers out in the cold before it all disappears again. Well worth it though!
John

LennyBloke

Link Posted 08/01/2021 - 17:35
Lovely set with 2 and 5 being the standout shots for me - I like the almost sepia look to #2 and the simplicity of #5
LennyBloke

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 08/01/2021 - 20:36
Very nice...No.2 definitely my favourite.

Looks like its going to be cold again overnight into the morning...great weather for these kind of shots.

regards

Karlo

davidwozhere

Link Posted 09/01/2021 - 01:46
Really nice walk. I'm envious of that collection.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

RobL

Link Posted 09/01/2021 - 08:01
Thanks everyone for your kind comments, I took more on the first morning but with a small Leica so havenít posted those here. Technically no comparison with the K1 though!

Sry

Link Posted 09/01/2021 - 21:43
Wonderfully evocative set indeed Rob. I hate cold with a vengeance, but coming back with results such as these could warm me up...
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.