Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

A Call to Arms!

Don
Posted 05/09/2009 - 17:06 Link
I am laying down a challenge to all our k-7 owners....
get your k-7's and make a video... either a product review, or a how to video, or an art peice/commercial to show what this camera can do...
treat it like a paying job from Pentax or a magazine or a client.
then let's post links to the results and see what we can do with this camera.....

I'll be buying one after christmas, but can borrow one for a day in the mean time....
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
George Lazarette
Posted 05/09/2009 - 17:28 Link
Good idea, Don. I rather pooh-poohed video in the K7, but I'm coming round to it.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
pentaxian450
Posted 06/09/2009 - 01:32 Link
I did a video of a printing press for fun, and uploading a short HQ segment on you tube took over one hour due to my slow internet connection. If you want to see it on "you tube", just search "Aurelia 700 in Montréal".
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
George Lazarette
Posted 06/09/2009 - 10:48 Link
The main reason I am coming round to the idea of video on the K7 is that the quality is so good - which is partly but not wholly due to the ability to use superb lenses.

I know focus is manual, and presumably exposure also (in other words, no automatic adjustment if the lighting changes), but are there any other drawbacks?

G
chirpy
Posted 06/09/2009 - 10:59 Link
George Lazarette wrote:
I know focus is manual, and presumably exposure also (in other words, no automatic adjustment if the lighting changes), but are there any other drawbacks?

G

Focus is manual, however you can enable auto-exposure in video which does cater for lighting changes.
Snootchies
Posted 06/09/2009 - 11:07 Link
Just had a peek at Yves's video on youtube. The quality is certainly very good. Starting to subscribe to George's standpoint on the K-7...

The only thing that worries me if I get a K-7 is that I then become obsessed with making movies of stuff...then i'll have to edit them in Premiere Pro and get the transitions spot on and looking professional-ish etc etc. I know that's what i'll be like, and i'll really enjoy it too - but I fear that my standard photography will suffer. This is why I have'nt bought a seperate digital video camera before. It would be like me opening a can of worms.

So i'm still in two minds if I really want a device that can do both. Though when I come to upgrade from the K20D, let's be realitic - whatever I go for will probably offer video.
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link
Edited by Snootchies: 06/09/2009 - 11:16
George Lazarette
Posted 06/09/2009 - 11:23 Link
chirpy wrote:
George Lazarette wrote:

G

Focus is manual, however you can enable auto-exposure in video which does cater for lighting changes.

Oh! Thanks.

G
Anvh
Posted 06/09/2009 - 11:34 Link
There are some pretty ones on youtube already though.

mmmm the FA31LTD link
He is pretty good. link link
link The concert on the end makes me realized something, since high ISO noise is never one the same spot in a frame you can bump up the ISO very high without seeing it in the movie.

Edit - watching all the movies makes me wanting one, just need to rob a bank now *sighs*
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Edited by Anvh: 06/09/2009 - 11:57
Snootchies
Posted 06/09/2009 - 12:31 Link
I love the FA31LTD version, it works so well in B&W - a classic romantic 50s look.

Did you have to share these Stefan!?!?!?
Bob

Mike-P
Posted 06/09/2009 - 13:17 Link
On a totally different note .. I have been looking at quite a few videos made with the K-7 in the last few weeks and wish to know something.

Why do females always feel it's necessary to poke out their tongue whenever a camera is pointed in their direction ?
George Lazarette
Posted 06/09/2009 - 13:20 Link
Because Pentaxians look rather tasty?

G
Mike-P
Posted 06/09/2009 - 13:25 Link
George Lazarette wrote:
Because Pentaxians look rather tasty?

G

After everyone using a picture of themselves lately for their avatar I think we can safely rule that out.
johnriley
Posted 06/09/2009 - 13:27 Link
That's you in your Avatar Mike? Wow!
Best regards, John
Snootchies
Posted 06/09/2009 - 13:32 Link
johnriley wrote:
That's you in your Avatar Mike? Wow!

Touche!
Bob

Don
Posted 06/09/2009 - 13:34 Link
Mike-P wrote:
On a totally different note .. I have been looking at quite a few videos made with the K-7 in the last few weeks and wish to know something.

Why do females always feel it's necessary to poke out their tongue whenever a camera is pointed in their direction ?

"how dare you point that thing at me... I haven't checked my make-up, or my hair... those things always make me look rediculous.. you wanna make me look foolish? here's you're foolish! now put that away before I hide it somewhere you'll need your Doctor to find it....

I guess....
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Edited by Don: 06/09/2009 - 13:39

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.