Pentax 55-300 photos
Posted 09/09/2008 - 07:24
Link
Not bad at all, especially the last two.
Very useful info, many thanks for posting the links.
Very useful info, many thanks for posting the links.
Best regards, John
Posted 09/09/2008 - 07:44
Link
I just purchased this lens off McBrian and look forward to putting it through its paces when it arrives.
I wasn't aware of its close up abilites so thats an added bonus. Thanks
Very nice shots I really like the first one
I wasn't aware of its close up abilites so thats an added bonus. Thanks
Very nice shots I really like the first one
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 09/09/2008 - 18:50
Link
Minimum focusing is about a meter, I believe, so the focusing isn't real close. Well, a lot further than the 1/3 meter of my old 28-300mm "macro" lens. (macro? har, har )
But this lens at 300mm gets you a lot closer than my old 28-300 lens would at 300mm (don't know why that is... 300mm is 300mm right?), yet it is a lot sharper at 300mm...
Thanks for the comments.
But this lens at 300mm gets you a lot closer than my old 28-300 lens would at 300mm (don't know why that is... 300mm is 300mm right?), yet it is a lot sharper at 300mm...
Thanks for the comments.
Posted 09/09/2008 - 19:05
Link
amoringello wrote:
Minimum focusing is about a meter, I believe, so the focusing isn't real close.
1.4m for the 55-300.
Minimum focusing is about a meter, I believe, so the focusing isn't real close.
.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
.
Posted 09/09/2008 - 19:56
Link
The focusing may not be that close, but a 300mm lens (450mm-equivalent) at 1.4m is an enormous degree of magnification. Older lenses might have focused no closer than 15 or even 30 feet....
The magnification is ideal for images of small plants and animals.
The magnification is ideal for images of small plants and animals.
Best regards, John
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


967 posts
20 years
Virginia,
USA
I posted a few images (large) on my website if you want to take a gander.
These are all hand held, most at 300mm. (since my hands are not very steady I am very pleased with the results!!!)
I won't say they are macro lens quality, but I do think the resolution is pretty darned good. -- subjectively speaking.
I also like the bokeh, the backgrounds are very smooth and specular highlights do not seem to be overly garish.
Also, any comments or critiques are more than welcome!
I generally do not shoot bugs, so they are probably lacking in aesthetic quality. But let me know what you think.
pentax_55-300/080907_IGP5610.jpg
pentax_55-300/080907_IGP5621.jpg
pentax_55-300/080907_IGP5632.jpg
pentax_55-300/080907_IGP5634.jpg