645 Astro
Posted 10/12/2023 - 02:23 - Helpful Comment
Link
WOW Look at that
Fantastic mate
Fantastic mate
Posted 10/12/2023 - 11:51 - Helpful Comment
Link
Great to some some more top quality Astro images, this one is stunning - keep 'em coming Gary
LennyBloke
Posted 10/12/2023 - 12:14 - Helpful Comment
Link
Superb!
Posted 10/12/2023 - 12:16 - Helpful Comment
Link
LennyBloke wrote:
Great to some some more top quality Astro images, this one is stunning - keep 'em coming Gary
Absolutely! Fantastic images. Btw, 'room for improvement' comment, ahem, why? It looks great to me.
Great to some some more top quality Astro images, this one is stunning - keep 'em coming Gary
Be well, stay safe, but most of all, invest in memories
Posted 12/12/2023 - 06:17
Link
Thank you for the warm comments.
I will add to this thread. Sadly, this is not a type of photography where you can't rattle off a load of images in one session.
Just to add one more thing. With this image, I used the Pentax 645 600mm f5.6.
Gary
I will add to this thread. Sadly, this is not a type of photography where you can't rattle off a load of images in one session.
Urbanmeister wrote:
But yes, the final image looks good, but there is room to improve. If I can make forward progress with my data collection, I have more than happy to share and explain what I am doing.LennyBloke wrote:
Great to some some more top quality Astro images, this one is stunning - keep 'em coming Gary
Absolutely! Fantastic images. Btw, 'room for improvement' comment, ahem, why? It looks great to me.Great to some some more top quality Astro images, this one is stunning - keep 'em coming Gary
Just to add one more thing. With this image, I used the Pentax 645 600mm f5.6.
Gary
Armed with a K3, some M, A, FA, DA, and star lens. With an eye open for "just one more lens".
My PPG link
My PPG link
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


212 posts
16 years
NZ,
South Island
I too dabble in astrophotography. I shoot with a Canon camera for now, but at some point that will be changing. But I use some Pentax 645 glass. Namely a 300mm f4, the manual version, and a 600mm f5.6. The 300mm has no tripod foot which creates a problem, but it is a problem that has been overcome with the help of a 3d printer.
My workflow is along the same lines as Spad's, but slightly different. I used an equatorial mount that is controlled by a laptop, I collect my data, and I have a friend process it for me in PI. At the moment, I am focusing my efforts on improving the raw data that I collect before I go down the rabbit hole of processing this data. I am based in NZ, so my images may appear upside compared to how you are normally used to seeing them, I kid you not. I don't use a telescope, just camera lenses.
But I will post images as I get the chance. Life, work, the moon, and clouds all hinder this.
But here is my first image. The Horsehead and Flame nebula. As you will see, it has room for improvement, and we will get there. It is a bit of try something, and see how it works, or not.
Gary
My PPG link