6 spot burnet moth
Posted 26/06/2010 - 19:23
Link
A very pleasing image, love the colour. You are right the lens is good and so light.
Jackie H
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
Posted 26/06/2010 - 19:34
Link
Lovely sharp picture. It's amazing what people get out of this humble lens. Everything works in this shot: bokeh, light, colour and composition.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 26/06/2010 - 20:01
Link
You would have thought that was taken with an expensive Macro lens. I've always liked the Kit lens. Nice bokeh as well even though I wouldn't think that was a strong feature of the kit lens.
Nothing can be done about the colour clash between the purple thistle and the red spots unfortunately.
Algi
Nothing can be done about the colour clash between the purple thistle and the red spots unfortunately.
Algi
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 26/06/2010 - 20:12
Link
Thanks for some great feedback guys!
Algi - I hadn't actually thought about a potential colour clash of the purple and red.
I personally don't see this as much of an issue - but that's just me - what do others here think about this?
Algi - I hadn't actually thought about a potential colour clash of the purple and red.
I personally don't see this as much of an issue - but that's just me - what do others here think about this?
Posted 26/06/2010 - 20:23
Link
I don't find it a clash of colours particularly... maybe if the purple flower was a bit more saturated purple it might be a bit much, but its fine because the moth is clearly seperated - and for a Kit Lens pic, that's great, loverly and sharp - plenty of "macro" shots are worse!
Still shooting in the dark (literally and metaphorically)...
Posted 26/06/2010 - 21:07
Link
Snootchies wrote:
Thanks for some great feedback guys!
Algi - I hadn't actually thought about a potential colour clash of the purple and red.
I personally don't see this as much of an issue - but that's just me - what do others here think about this?
With a moth like that you haven't time to think of colours It's a case of trying to catch a shot of it which you have done exceptionally well. A lot of moths and butterflies land on weeds and we just have to accept and live with that. That particular moth might only land on thistles, so it's OK Thanks for some great feedback guys!
Algi - I hadn't actually thought about a potential colour clash of the purple and red.
I personally don't see this as much of an issue - but that's just me - what do others here think about this?
Algi
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 26/06/2010 - 21:12
Link
I like the colours, no problem with pale lavender and red at all.
Jackie H
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
Posted 26/06/2010 - 21:38
Link
Algernon wrote:
A lot of moths and butterflies land on weeds and we just have to accept and live with that. That particular moth might only land on thistles, so it's OK
That's a very good point indeed Algi!
A lot of moths and butterflies land on weeds and we just have to accept and live with that. That particular moth might only land on thistles, so it's OK
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1969 posts
17 years
Chester
Taken with the 18-55WR at f8 and the K20D.
I certainly think it's a great performance from the lens, and it continues to impress me.
My website (Hadfield Photography)
Pentax Gallery Artist page:link
Flickr Photostream: link