500px addictive

mattox
Posted 15/06/2015 - 20:19 Link
Is it just me or is 500px completely Addictive? I am using this site as a way of scoring my photos for my website. I go crazy to know how my photos rate against the public photographers worldwide. Is it just me, or is the site ridiculously addictive and outrageously useful for rating out photos in the modern digital age
tyronet2000
Posted 24/06/2015 - 21:38 Link
I took the cheapest subscription for 500px to see what other would say about my images. Won't be renewing as I don't take enough good quality images so the few I do take will be put up on pentaxuser and ot facebook. As a pro wanting to sell yes I imagine its a great system.
Regards
Stan

PPG
richandfleur
Posted 25/06/2015 - 00:03 Link
The idea is that it only has your best work on it, so it's not intended as a mass upload of albums like Flickr etc.

I like the rating concept, and it's a bit of fun, but take it with a grain of salt also. The time of upload is important if you want to play the score game, as you basically get 1 day for the image to be pushed from a marketing perspective.

The type of photo needs to stand out also, so it's usually a hotbed for contrasty/vibrant images that are often highly manipulated.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo