50% off Elelements 10

hkwiles

Link Posted 11/02/2012 - 11:00
I need some decent software to tweak my RAW pics. I assume this is now a good offer at 34.99

Howard
Body: K7 of course !!
Lenses: DA18-55WR,DA50-200WR,FA50-1.4

SteveEveritt

Link Posted 11/02/2012 - 11:53
If you want to know the full price go to Adobe's UK site and try to purchase it from there. It looks very good to me though.
My Flickr link

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)

hkwiles

Link Posted 11/02/2012 - 12:02
SteveEveritt wrote:
If you want to know the full price go to Adobe's UK site and try to purchase it from there. It looks very good to me though.

Not the price I'm concerned about , more ...is it better than LR3...this is also on offer at half price . Basically Im interested in correcting exposure and maybe the odd clean up of a picture , remove bits etc.

Howard
Last Edited by hkwiles on 11/02/2012 - 12:03

SteveEveritt

Link Posted 11/02/2012 - 12:08
They do different jobs, lightroom is an electronic darkroom, all the things that you used to do in it are available in lightroom and then some. Whereas Elements is more of an editing suite.
My Flickr link

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)

George Lazarette

Link Posted 11/02/2012 - 12:43
SteveEveritt wrote:
They do different jobs, lightroom is an electronic darkroom, all the things that you used to do in it are available in lightroom and then some. Whereas Elements is more of an editing suite.

So what do you do in Lightroom that isn't editing?

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.

Mike-P

Link Posted 11/02/2012 - 12:54
there are a lot more editing functions in Elements than Lightroom but Lightroom is apparently better for Cataloguing and suchlike.

If I had to make a choice I would use Elements .. purely because Lightrooms clone tool is absolute rubbish (and I don't catalogue my pictures).
. My Flickr

hkwiles

Link Posted 11/02/2012 - 13:39
Mike-P wrote:
there are a lot more editing functions in Elements than Lightroom but Lightroom is apparently better for Cataloguing and suchlike.

If I had to make a choice I would use Elements .. purely because Lightrooms clone tool is absolute rubbish (and I don't catalogue my pictures).

Thats what I was thinking Mike , Id put "keepers" on a removable hard drive.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.