5 hours with a K-x
Posted 23/12/2009 - 13:07
Link
Very nice shots, your going to have fun in the coming months there. All the best.
Steve
Steve
Posted 23/12/2009 - 14:19
Link
To be honest the K7 preforms so good as the same as the KX.
I've used the Nikon D3000 since that use the same sensor as the KX so they should not be very different in results.
link
The thing is that if you compare the screen results then yes the KX is better but the K7 has more pixels so it isn't fair to compare it that way.
A 4 pixel camera should have a superb score that way
You need to look at the print comparison, that way the size of the photo is the same and then so good as all cameras preform equally.
If you don't think so then here is a video for you link
I must say though that the KX is surely a lovely camera, played with the one of my uncle quite a lot now and yes I would recommend it.
A friend of the family who use a Nikon D80 was also pleasantly impress by it and he loves the green button on the camera and the weight & seize of it.
Although for advance users the K7 is still the camera to go since you've easier access to the controls when you're shooting manually.
You feel that the KX is not intended for that shooting mode and therefore the K7 for them.
I've used the Nikon D3000 since that use the same sensor as the KX so they should not be very different in results.
link
The thing is that if you compare the screen results then yes the KX is better but the K7 has more pixels so it isn't fair to compare it that way.
A 4 pixel camera should have a superb score that way
You need to look at the print comparison, that way the size of the photo is the same and then so good as all cameras preform equally.
If you don't think so then here is a video for you link
I must say though that the KX is surely a lovely camera, played with the one of my uncle quite a lot now and yes I would recommend it.
A friend of the family who use a Nikon D80 was also pleasantly impress by it and he loves the green button on the camera and the weight & seize of it.
Although for advance users the K7 is still the camera to go since you've easier access to the controls when you're shooting manually.
You feel that the KX is not intended for that shooting mode and therefore the K7 for them.
Posted 23/12/2009 - 19:28
Link
snappychappy wrote:
Very nice shots, your going to have fun in the coming months there. All the best.
Steve
Vicariously unfortunately Very nice shots, your going to have fun in the coming months there. All the best.
Steve
the girl is taking it away
I just get to email her tips on its use and buy Takumars for it !
Merry Christmas
K-1 K-01 Q-7
some len
Close to the Edge
Down by the River
some len
Close to the Edge
Down by the River
Posted 23/12/2009 - 19:31
Link
Anvh wrote:
To be honest the K7 preforms so good as the same as the KX.
I've used the Nikon D3000 since that use the same sensor as the KX so they should not be very different in results.
........
Thanks Stefan To be honest the K7 preforms so good as the same as the KX.
I've used the Nikon D3000 since that use the same sensor as the KX so they should not be very different in results.
........
Good points...
interesting links
Didn't realise the D3000 had the same sensor.
I use my K100D in manual all the time and find no limits so the K-x would be fine too I think.
cheers
Pete
K-1 K-01 Q-7
some len
Close to the Edge
Down by the River
some len
Close to the Edge
Down by the River
Posted 23/12/2009 - 20:12
Link
Oh no I'm being stupid again the D3000 doesn't use the same sensor, sorry
It's a Sony sensor though so there is a camera out there with the same sensor, Nikon use Sony a lot and of course Sony does.
Nikon D5000 is probably the one.
Or probably not link
Will get back on this
Okay I'm back.
The K-X has a Sony EXMOR sensor, the same one as in the sony-a500
This one should give a better picture link
It's a Sony sensor though so there is a camera out there with the same sensor, Nikon use Sony a lot and of course Sony does.
Nikon D5000 is probably the one.
Or probably not link
Will get back on this
Okay I'm back.
The K-X has a Sony EXMOR sensor, the same one as in the sony-a500
This one should give a better picture link
Posted 24/12/2009 - 05:17
Link
K-1 K-01 Q-7
some len
Close to the Edge
Down by the River
some len
Close to the Edge
Down by the River
Posted 24/12/2009 - 09:56
Link
Well done, nice to see young Pentaxians!
Next job, show her how to hold an SLR. She might get horrible camera shake holding it like that and then blame the camera which wouldn't do!
Merry Christmas. K.
Next job, show her how to hold an SLR. She might get horrible camera shake holding it like that and then blame the camera which wouldn't do!
Merry Christmas. K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 24/12/2009 - 10:53
Link
I often like to hold the lens like that too and it doesn't result in any more shake. It can be easier on the shoulders than supporting it from underneath.
Twisting your body round is not good for you, though.
Twisting your body round is not good for you, though.
~Pete
Posted 24/12/2009 - 10:58
Link
I probably spent too much time shooting 64ASA film. I am very much of the 'cup hand under lens, tuck elbows in, feet slightly apart, breathe deep, shoot...' school.
Merry Christmas, Kris.
Merry Christmas, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 24/12/2009 - 11:46
Link
Wonderful photo Transit
Posted 24/12/2009 - 12:00
Link
Anvh wrote:
Wonderful photo Transit
Ta Wonderful photo Transit
She leapt at that strap when I doubtfully showed it to her
K-1 K-01 Q-7
some len
Close to the Edge
Down by the River
some len
Close to the Edge
Down by the River
Posted 24/12/2009 - 12:01
Link
womble wrote:
Well done, nice to see young Pentaxians!
Next job, show her how to hold an SLR. She might get horrible camera shake holding it like that and then blame the camera which wouldn't do!
Merry Christmas. K.
Well done, nice to see young Pentaxians!
Next job, show her how to hold an SLR. She might get horrible camera shake holding it like that and then blame the camera which wouldn't do!
Merry Christmas. K.
one thing at a time...
still trying to get her using the right eye
K-1 K-01 Q-7
some len
Close to the Edge
Down by the River
some len
Close to the Edge
Down by the River
Posted 24/12/2009 - 18:47
Link
Transit wrote:
one thing at a time...
still trying to get her using the right eye
I wish I could get used to using my left eye. The right one's not sharp enough to focus any more!one thing at a time...
still trying to get her using the right eye
Perhaps I should have put a Katz Eye on my Christmas list.
Kevin
K7, *istDL2, SFXn, P50
DA 18-55 WR, DA 50-200, D-FA 100/2.8 Macro, F 50/1.7, DA 35/2.4AL A 28/2.8 ...
DA 18-55 WR, DA 50-200, D-FA 100/2.8 Macro, F 50/1.7, DA 35/2.4AL A 28/2.8 ...
Posted 24/12/2009 - 21:05
Link
KevinWood wrote:
I wish I could get used to using my left eye. The right one's not sharp enough to focus any more!
Kevin
Tell me about it I wish I could get used to using my left eye. The right one's not sharp enough to focus any more!
Kevin
I've run out of diopter.
I re-sized an ME focusing screen and haven't looked back
Pete
K-1 K-01 Q-7
some len
Close to the Edge
Down by the River
some len
Close to the Edge
Down by the River
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.




600 posts
19 years
Whanganui New Zealand
I had a few hours to set it up and try it out before gift wrapping it
From my faithful K100D...
I am left feeling a little shocked at how good it is.
The speed of it in all facets is fantastic.
I though I would miss the top lcd but heck no that layout on the back is fine.
Left more or less on default jpg
the detail and low noise blew me away.
Only cons would be the even louder mirror slap
my goodness that sucker sounds like a weapon being cocked
and the nasty sharp bottom back right corner.
Eventually the K100D wore a divot in my palm.
I thought I was waiting for a K-7 with K-x sensor.
I might just go straight to the K-x now
Trouble is she took it away so I can't try the macro on it
but have invite to follow her around town tomorrow filming her using it
Merry Christmas
Pete
no pp DA40
some len
Close to the Edge
Down by the River