49 PK full frames presently on market

50mpCMOS

Link Posted 06/02/2015 - 18:32
With the new unnamed Pentax full frame expected out in the market by the end of this year; there has been considerable concern over the lenses, and how they will work with the new full frame PK.

For todays existing PK full frame options for sale (as new) there are some 49 selections that will enable one to use the camera maxed out to it's full frame settings. Add to that the number of used lenses. Most of the others will automatically switch the camera over to cropped sensor mode by default.

Not sure IF Pentax will be releasing this information formally at the upcoming event in Japan somewhat soon, but... Expect the availability of PK full frame lenses to increase by at least 40%++ within about the next year. Most of the offerings will be third party lenses; ones that will be relatively easy to convert over; such as Sigma ones. Also expect Pentax to update a significant number of both their existing lenses, and also bring back a few of the lenses that are no longer on the market

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 06/02/2015 - 19:19
Third party makers will wait to see how the market reacts to the Pentax FF model before bringing out their FF lenses in a PK mount.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

50mpCMOS

Link Posted 06/02/2015 - 21:18
Actually several conditional contract have already been drawn up between various third party companies and Pentax

Horst

Link Posted 07/02/2015 - 03:46
Well I can hardly wait until the end of the year 2015.
I am already saving my coins .
Once a Pentax full frame is on the marked, that will be the end of my K5.

I have plenty of Pentax lenses . Only 1 of them is for APS-C only. The kit lens which came with the K5.

At least then, my 50mm lens will be a 50mm lens again. I have tried the FA35 f2 and the FA31f1.9 to simulate the 50mm as suggested by some forum members, but the images look somewhat different.

A 35mm lens on an APS-C is definitely not the same, as a 50mm on a FF..

Great news. I am saving.

Regards, Horst
Last Edited by Horst on 07/02/2015 - 03:46

michaelblue

Link Posted 07/02/2015 - 05:31
50mpCMOS wrote:
Actually several conditional contract have already been drawn up between various third party companies and Pentax

Where do you have this information from?
Regards,
Michael
My new website:link

robbiec

Link Posted 09/02/2015 - 12:57
50mpCMOS wrote:

Third parties in this instance being?

Carl Zeiss
Samyang
Sigma
Schneider-Kreuznach
Tamron
My Gallery

50mpCMOS

Link Posted 09/02/2015 - 23:43
Let me give some examples...

Schneider-Kreuznach would have not even bothered to release (their yet to be released is more like it) their new full frame tilt & shift which is also the highest priced current Pentax PK lens on the market - had they not received some sort of advance word on the upcoming Pentax full-frame,

As for Sigma... It's still a bit up in the air. I'm sure they will be watching the numbers on the two soon to be released full-frame lenses and also Pentax full-frame camera body sales. Sigma will most definitely be bringing their one single WR lens over to Pentax quite soon. Hopefully there will be much more coming from Sigma

womble

Link Posted 11/02/2015 - 07:26
At $10,327 for the 28mm K-S tilt shift lens I doubt sales will be booming, Pentax FF or not.

I can shoot a quite a bit of 5x4" for that when you take in account that my entire large format set-up including the V750 scanner cost less than £1000.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

George Lazarette

Link Posted 25/03/2015 - 22:01
50mpCMOS wrote:

I am replying to this a bit late, but why would existing K-Mount lens makers have to sign a new contract?

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.