35mm Macro hood, help!

Hardgravity

Link Posted 10/05/2012 - 09:34
I recently bought a used DA 35mm f2.8 Macro lens, it has it's caps and box but no case or hood.

Now the case is no problem, I can get one from the shop here, but the lens hood is a bit of a nightmare.

I can't find details as to which hood it is, what shape it is or even if I can get one!

Help!!!
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

RayB

Link Posted 10/05/2012 - 09:53
The one I hired from SRS recently didn't have one either, the lens appears to be designed not to have one fitted, and I didn't find it an issue.

If you are desperate, you can buy lens hoods that screw onto the filter thread, but they are not as good as the real thing (IME) or as not having one at all.

Gary Hickin

Link Posted 10/05/2012 - 09:56
The hood is built in - you just pull it out. You should have bought mine! (sold now)
Cheers,
Gary
http://www.flickr.com/photos/original_gazart/

pianoman

Link Posted 10/05/2012 - 10:00
Gary Hickin wrote:
The hood is built in - you just pull it out. You should have bought mine! (sold now)
Cheers,
Gary

Gary is correct remove the cap and just pull gently at the side and it will slide out you may find it resisits slightly but its there

All the best

David

RayB

Link Posted 10/05/2012 - 10:05
Wow! Never noticed that, and, being a hire, it didn't come with box or notes, so I couldn't even RTFM!

pianoman

Link Posted 10/05/2012 - 10:36
Enjoy I love mine
All the best

David

Hardgravity

Link Posted 10/05/2012 - 23:20
Ooo do I feel silly?

Never thought of reading the paperwork, there's not usually anything usefull in it!

Thanks for the help guys.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.