Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

2 or 6 year warranty...?

viewfinder
Posted 17/06/2009 - 21:05 Link
The Daily Mail claiming that consumers are ripped off by retailers only offering 12 months warranty when the EU legal requirement is 2 years,...we knew this already. However, please note the reference to a staggering 6 YEARS in England and Wales..??!!!

........remembering that this IS the Mail, so not the most reliable source.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1187190/EU-law-gives-consumers-year-guar...
Unlocker
Posted 17/06/2009 - 21:24 Link
6 years is the longest time to make a claim, but only if the item was reasonably expected to last a lot longer than six years, so quite vague and difficult to enforce.

I'm actually taking my MacBook Pro back for a refund on Sunday, and the conversations on the phone have been priceless.

'I want a refund'
We can book it in for repair

'It's 3 weeks old, I'm not having a faulty, repaired laptop that I can't trust, so I'm having a refund.'
We can book you an appointment to see if we can help

'You can help by giving me my money back'
I'm afraid it's outside our 2 week return poilcy

'I'm afraid it's inside the 6 month Sale of Goods Act 1974 policy, so I'm having a refund'
We should be able to turn it round for repair in a week or 2

'It's had a fault from day one, and it's three weeks old, I"M HAVING A REFUND!'
'I'm exercising my consumer rights for a refund, I will take it to court if I have to'
oh, OK I'll check and call you back.

Since then I think they've agreed with me, but we will find out later on Sunday!

BTW it has a slightly faulty Nvidia graphics card, that is hardly noticeable, but seeing as though when Apple support finally admitted on Monday morning last week that it was not a software fault, then unexpectedly that evening released a higher spec replacement and £100 cheaper, I'm pushing the point, then buying a new one!
shim
Posted 18/06/2009 - 09:51 Link
The Samsung GX-20 actually has a 2 year warranty card inside the box.
I'm not sure if it's necessary but they also give a web address to
register the camera.

shim

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.