150-600 tamron/sigma
Posted 03/04/2015 - 01:42
Link
Perhaps when Pentax full-frame comes around ?? One can hope
Posted 03/04/2015 - 08:12
Link
tamron/sigma have both said no
Posted 03/04/2015 - 09:39
Link
I'm sure that there would be circumstances where they both said yes, but in the meantime I'm rather looking forward more to the Pentax 150-450mm. That's long enough for my birding shots and if they weren't then the 560mm is there.
Actually, the price of that 560mm is looking pretty good at under £3000!
Actually, the price of that 560mm is looking pretty good at under £3000!
Best regards, John
Posted 03/04/2015 - 10:21
Link
johnriley wrote:
I'm sure that there would be circumstances where they both said yes, but in the meantime I'm rather looking forward more to the Pentax 150-450mm. That's long enough for my birding shots and if they weren't then the 560mm is there.
Actually, the price of that 560mm is looking pretty good at under £3000!
Thats a lot of money for the average Bloke when the other two are half that and probably just as good.
I'm sure that there would be circumstances where they both said yes, but in the meantime I'm rather looking forward more to the Pentax 150-450mm. That's long enough for my birding shots and if they weren't then the 560mm is there.
Actually, the price of that 560mm is looking pretty good at under £3000!
C&C welcome.
Don.
Don.
Posted 03/04/2015 - 10:25
Link
Next year 150-450 or 560 which to go for n two minds and one isn't even released yet
Posted 03/04/2015 - 10:34
Link
It depends how we define "just as good" though, and often buying the more expensive option can be cheaper in the long run. I've certainly found that to be so over the years, although to be fair sometimes it was constrained more by what I could afford at the time.
At the moment, both the 150-450mm and the 560mm are too expensive, but I'm always hopeful that at some point the opportunity will arise to buy one or the other. If I'm to stay serious about developing mu wildlife photography, it's the way forwards I see for myself anyway. I'm reluctant to go for the Sigma 50-500mm while there's some potential hope for the Pentax lens, although it would be a viable alternative.
At the moment, both the 150-450mm and the 560mm are too expensive, but I'm always hopeful that at some point the opportunity will arise to buy one or the other. If I'm to stay serious about developing mu wildlife photography, it's the way forwards I see for myself anyway. I'm reluctant to go for the Sigma 50-500mm while there's some potential hope for the Pentax lens, although it would be a viable alternative.
Best regards, John
Posted 03/04/2015 - 12:58
Link
I bought the Sigma 150-600mm sport for my 7D and it's a very nicely made lens. Only trouble is it weighs a ton and it's very average on anything that doesn't fill at least half the frame at 600mm.
It's going back to Amazon Tuesday and I will carry on waiting for the 150-450mm Pentax lens. Meanwhile I would take my 50-500mm Sigma over the 150-600mm any day.
It's going back to Amazon Tuesday and I will carry on waiting for the 150-450mm Pentax lens. Meanwhile I would take my 50-500mm Sigma over the 150-600mm any day.
Posted 03/04/2015 - 14:54
Link
stu62 wrote:
tamron/sigma have both said no
Whether or not there are similar lenses in the Pentax range, this is still not good. Will they one day stop making ALL lenses in Pentax fitting..??
tamron/sigma have both said no
6th Year Apprentice Pensioner
Posted 03/04/2015 - 15:17
Link
dangie wrote:
See this enlightening thread on the US forum for the Sigma perspective.
stu62 wrote:
tamron/sigma have both said no
Whether or not there are similar lenses in the Pentax range, this is still not good. Will they one day stop making ALL lenses in Pentax fitting..??tamron/sigma have both said no
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Posted 04/04/2015 - 00:09
Link
Having recently bought the sigma 50mm art lens it's sad that sigma won't make them lenses in Pentax mount as they are very very nice lenses and full of pixie dust magic.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2931 posts
18 years
Atherton tablelands,
NQ
Don.