150-500
Posted 09/01/2011 - 09:18
Link
On a vaguely on-topic note, how does the 150-500mm Sigma behave? My Dad is looking at one for his K7 as it's roughly half the price of the 50-500mm and he already has the kit lenses covering 18-200mm. Logic states that the 150-500mm should have better IQ as it has a shorter zoom range, but I'd just be interested to hear what others have found.
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 09/01/2011 - 09:25
Link
Dangermouse wrote:
On a vaguely on-topic note, how does the 150-500mm Sigma behave? My Dad is looking at one for his K7 as it's roughly half the price of the 50-500mm and he already has the kit lenses covering 18-200mm. Logic states that the 150-500mm should have better IQ as it has a shorter zoom range, but I'd just be interested to hear what others have found.
have had 2 150-500mm and now have a 50-500mm os, the 50-500mm at 500mm is as sharp at 500mm wide open as the 150-500mm is at 500mm stopped down to f8.On a vaguely on-topic note, how does the 150-500mm Sigma behave? My Dad is looking at one for his K7 as it's roughly half the price of the 50-500mm and he already has the kit lenses covering 18-200mm. Logic states that the 150-500mm should have better IQ as it has a shorter zoom range, but I'd just be interested to hear what others have found.
also the focus is quicker on the 50-500mm and it cocuses alot closer.
is it worth the extra money, yes.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


3062 posts
18 years
Aylesbury,
Bucks.
for a moment, I thought Stefan had returned to the fold!
I'm going to start a What happened to Stefan? thread soon.
Website・Blog・Gear・Twitter・Facebook