12 offerings from me from 2016
Posted 07/01/2017 - 18:28
Link
I've always enjoyed your willingness to experiment - IR, B&W, etc. This is an excellent selection from your varied portfolio - Cheers
LennyBloke
Posted 07/01/2017 - 20:19
Link
What a great set, I really enjoyed these. Arlington Row, Broadway Tower and the mariner's chapel at Gloucester Docks are all subjects I've also photographed at various times. The stand out one for me is the IR colour shot of St Cyrs Church. I never realised how beautiful colour IR can be as I've always imagined it as a mono treatment.
David
David
Posted 07/01/2017 - 22:15
Link
Lovely set June is particularly nice
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Posted 08/01/2017 - 00:19
Link
davidtrout wrote:
What a great set... The stand out one for me is the IR colour shot of St Cyrs Church. I never realised how beautiful colour IR can be as I've always imagined it as a mono treatment.
+1What a great set... The stand out one for me is the IR colour shot of St Cyrs Church. I never realised how beautiful colour IR can be as I've always imagined it as a mono treatment.
Fascinating set, but the IR church is just brilliant,
Posted 09/01/2017 - 10:22
Link
thanks for looking and the comments, much appreciated. the IR shot of St Cyrs is probably my favourite as it was more than i expected from a standard camera and R72 filter, in fact all the IR i took with this combination i was quite pleased with and if finances allow this year i will treat myself to a converted camera hopefully a Pentax but not sure hence the buying of Tamron Adaptall lenses as then it just needs an adapter and not a whole bunch of lenses to be bought . that shot was with an Adaptall 35-70 f3.5
Posted 09/01/2017 - 18:49
Link
Yes, St Cyrs church for me too... particularly like the moving trees vs the static (I hope, otherwise we're all in trouble) Church... a great return from the R72...
Best
Best
Posted 11/01/2017 - 01:45
Link
I generally dislike IR but that one is certainly a good ambassador for it. I like the simplicity of the starling too. As with everone's images, the range here is quite remarkable, both for its content and quality.
Posted 11/01/2017 - 04:54
Link
A strong selection! My pick is No2 with its lovely dappled lighting, and I think the use of the wide angle is very effective for the Wind Turbine one, which is also captured at a beautiful time of day.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1700 posts
17 years
stroud,glos
1. January--St Cyrs by the Stroudwater Canal. Stonehouse Parish Church
2. February--Saul Junction on Gloucester/Sharpness Canal. the point where the old Stroudwater Canal joined it
3. March-- Arlington Row at Bibury , looking across the Rack Isle where cloth was laid out to dry. a very cold and dull day
4. April -- Broadway Tower, a folly built just off the top of Fish Hill above Broadway
5. May--holiday time, Brixham, Devon
6. June--A Play with IR, St Cyrs Church again as it suited the needs for an IR image for me having a building ,vegetation and water
7. July-- A Blue Damsel, using CIF and Tamron Adaptall 90mm Macro lens at Coombe Hill nature reserve between Gloucester and Tewkebury
8. August-- Psychedelia Alive and Well, extreme faux colour IR using NIK Vivesa
9. September-- A Local Landmark, waited ages for the sun to get down to get this
10. October-- The Mariners Chapel and Reynolds Warehouse, Gloucester. had wanted to take some night shots here for a while but always a bit dubious about wandering at night carrying a camera on a tripod around the docks
11. November-- Sunset on the Severn Vale from Coaley Peak. went out with just the 10-17 Fisheye looking for subjects for that but this sunset started to take shape so i waited until it was very low and took the shot not really knowing how it would turn out and was pleasantly surprised by the result. mostly a bit ofshadow lift and colour tweaking was all that it needed
12. December--Starling in the Sun, on next doors roof. they nest in her roof space and stay all year.
Flickr