100,000 photos

SteveEveritt
Posted 30/12/2012 - 12:21 Link
I put one of my latest photos through PhotoMe to find I had passed the milestone of 100,000 photos taken with my trusty K-7 it was number 101719 I then had to set about finding number 100,000. I assumed it was a karting picture but this proved to be wrong and was from the previous day when I'd been in the Brecon Beacons with my crook (poorly) friend. As it turns out it's not a very inspiring photo but here it is anyway. The photo wasn't in my collection I had deleted it as I had other versions of the shot, but luckily it was still on the memory card.
I took my first shot with it on 6th Jan 2010.

Comment Image
Flickr
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
doingthebobs
Posted 30/12/2012 - 12:30 Link
Congratulations!

Just shows that 100,000 actuations is not the limit!
Bob
SteveEveritt
Posted 30/12/2012 - 12:59 Link
I certainly hope not, I haven't got the money together for the replacement yet.
Flickr
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
Stuey
Posted 30/12/2012 - 14:45 Link
Let's hope for 200,000
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
giofi
Posted 30/12/2012 - 15:49 Link
Congratulations on your achievement!!
Frogherder
Posted 30/12/2012 - 17:57 Link
That's got to be worth reporting back to Pentax and the photo mags.

A chap I know using an well known alternative brand has rarely exceeded 30K on his last 3 cameras and he thinks THAT is good.


regards
Bernard
bassman
Posted 30/12/2012 - 18:58 Link
That's amazing.
I have just checked my K-5 which I've owned from new since May 2011
and it's 11,553
SteveEveritt
Posted 02/01/2013 - 18:36 Link
Thanks for the comments everyone, hopefully I will get to replace it this year with a 5IIs and I'll see how robust that is.
Flickr
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
cabstar
Posted 02/01/2013 - 18:45 Link
That's a good number, I recall my gx20 doing around 65,000 which I thought was a lot
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
SteveEveritt
Posted 05/01/2013 - 13:50 Link
A workhorse indeed and testimony to Pentax reliability
Flickr
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
johnriley
Posted 05/01/2013 - 14:42 Link
Somewhere a table was published showing failure rates of shutters for various makes. I seem to remember Pentax fared well and it was rare for shutters to fail at low counts.

100,000 is the rated expectation, so it will be interesting to see how far this sample can go.
Best regards, John
SteveEveritt
Posted 05/01/2013 - 16:06 Link
It won't get that much work in the future, it has been superseded by a 5IIs which arrives on Monday.

Obviously with this many actuations I couldn't sell it on, and wouldn't anyway as it's my first Pentax and I want to keep it. It will be fine as a backup body.
Flickr
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
Edited by SteveEveritt: 05/01/2013 - 16:08
tyronet2000
Posted 06/01/2013 - 20:00 Link
At the rate I've used the K7 (especially since I got the K5) it will last for eternity.
Regards
Stan

PPG
ocatoro
Posted 07/01/2013 - 02:38 Link
mate of mine was on about earlier his nikon d3 has just passed 200,000. and unlike his d2x before it(also with 200k), is showing no signs of packing in and "works perfectly".
AuraTodd
Posted 07/01/2013 - 20:07 Link
SteveEveritt wrote:
I put one of my latest photos through PhotoMe to find I had passed the milestone of 100,000 photos taken with my trusty K-7 it was number 101719 I then had to set about finding number 100,000. I assumed it was a karting picture but this proved to be wrong and was from the previous day when I'd been in the Brecon Beacons with my crook (poorly) friend. As it turns out it's not a very inspiring photo but here it is anyway. The photo wasn't in my collection I had deleted it as I had other versions of the shot, but luckily it was still on the memory card.
I took my first shot with it on 6th Jan 2010.

Comment Image
What lens did you use to take this shot please?

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo