*ist DS locked up.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.
Photograph titled 'Faithful' by rex1999 selected as Pentax User's Photo of the Week.
Photograph titled 'Into the woods' by sueriley selected as Pentax User's Photo of the Week.
Proudly supporting Pentax User |
||
![]() |
![]() |
|
2277 posts
24 years
I was using RAW and had taken shots over a period of several minutes but not continuous shooting when for some reason the camera locked up which is strange as I had not changed anything. I thought the battery may had gone flat but that was still showing full and I noticed the shutter speed had gone to 1/4000 where as I had been using 1/500 in manual mode and I could not change anything I tried to change. I switched off and it did not go off for what seemed a long time but was probably about 4 or 5 seconds. When I switched back on, all was okay.
I wish I had checked to see if it was writing to the SD card but I did not. There is a blank, zero byte, PEF file on the card. I am fairly certain that it should not have been writing as I was taking shots that fast.
I guess it had “crashed” for some reason and needed a reset and I hope this does not happen very often. Has anyone else experienced this type of thing?
Dave.
UK.