All Forum Comments
Comment by zaphod_es posted on Optio 60 forgets date at 22/12/2006 - 16:39
I have already tried 1, 2 and 4. I will try 3 and check out 5 and report back.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Comment by zaphod_es posted on Optio 60 forgets date at 21/12/2006 - 23:45
It is not my camera but I believe that it has had the problem sincee it was new just over a year ago - and is probably out of warranty now.
I don't follow your point about the hometown setting. If I set it for today's date and the time for wherever I happen to be in the world it will revert to 00.00.01am 1st July 2005 when it is restarted. How does the physical location matter?
ZB
I don't follow your point about the hometown setting. If I set it for today's date and the time for wherever I happen to be in the world it will revert to 00.00.01am 1st July 2005 when it is restarted. How does the physical location matter?
ZB
Comment by zaphod_es posted on Optio 60 forgets date at 21/12/2006 - 22:03
Every time it is switched off the date reverts to 1/7/2005. I can find very little searching for help with this problem but cannot believe that it is unique (almost) to this particular camera.
If it is not a rare problem maybe it has been fixed in a firmware update. It is using version 1.00. I have not found a later version for the Optio 60 and wonder if it has been sold under another model name in other countries.
I would be grateful for any help solving this problem as it makes organsing the photos on a computer very difficult
ZB
If it is not a rare problem maybe it has been fixed in a firmware update. It is using version 1.00. I have not found a later version for the Optio 60 and wonder if it has been sold under another model name in other countries.
I would be grateful for any help solving this problem as it makes organsing the photos on a computer very difficult
ZB
Comment by zaphod_es posted on Optio 60 forgets date at 20/12/2006 - 23:05


Now I see what you are getting at. The camera belongs to a family friend and has gone on a Christmas holiday so I cannot check it at the moment. The devices with this option that I have seen just adjust the hour by up to plus or minus 12 to allow for all time zones
I don't think that your suggestion could be the case as the date /time are always more or less the same unless the date is manually reset for a session.
ZB