TechnocraticMonkey

Joined: 1st January 2012

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

TechnocraticMonkey
I have spoken to people, I was in the same situation. I'd go for the sigma or the pentax. The build quality isnt great on the tamron, and it's not as good quality.

Comment by TechnocraticMonkey posted on Tameron/Pentax at 17/01/2012 - 17:04

TechnocraticMonkey
I got mine on saturday. I was actually scared by the handbook

It's actually quite easy to work out if you use the camera…

I have to say though, I deeply miss the simplicity of my K1000...

Comment by TechnocraticMonkey posted on Got my new pentax today at 17/01/2012 - 16:41

TechnocraticMonkey
got to love the old ones. I've still got my grandad's K1000 with a 35mm lens on it. light meter's broken for the 3rd time though

it's £60 to fix too...

Comment by TechnocraticMonkey posted on New MX devotee at 01/01/2012 - 21:47

TechnocraticMonkey
k-r definetly then. Just found a half decent tamron lens for 230 quid but I've got my parents paying halves. hmmm.

Comment by TechnocraticMonkey posted on Pentax camera choice at 01/01/2012 - 21:45

TechnocraticMonkey
so, should I go for the kit lens that comes with the k-r, or hunt down the body and lens on my own?

Comment by TechnocraticMonkey posted on Pentax camera choice at 01/01/2012 - 20:59

TechnocraticMonkey
Hi,
I've just joined (it may be obvious) and since christmas have been given a little money to spend on a camera. I've worked out already that a Pentax is the best option, but I was wondering, for a £450 odd budget, whether I should go for a k-r or k-x. I mainly want to photograph architecture and nature.

I'd also like to add, I think I will get a sigma lens to go with the camera. I already have a prime 35mm lens, and I was thinking if I should get a 18-125mm lens, to take architectural and nature shots. Is this a good idea?

Many thanks,

Comment by TechnocraticMonkey posted on Pentax camera choice at 01/01/2012 - 19:24

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo