All Forum Comments
Comment by PenCroz posted on Mounting a Genus Gvista LCD Viewfinder on a K5 at 21/09/2011 - 12:59
Well on the LCD screen of any Pentax DSLR with live view...........
These viewfinders are supplied in pairs - one for landscape and the other for portrait. The supplied method of attachment is with velcro frames (hook side attached to the camera back which I'm not happy with for a number of reasons, including the camera attaching itself to my sweater or fleece while hung around the neck). I am thinking of hooks screwed to the side and bungees/rubber bands round each side of the camera when in use for focusing in astrophotography and macro work.
Has anyone used these finders and/or any suggestions.......? Here is a link to my photobucket folder with some quick pictures of the landscape finder:
link
Thanks
David
These viewfinders are supplied in pairs - one for landscape and the other for portrait. The supplied method of attachment is with velcro frames (hook side attached to the camera back which I'm not happy with for a number of reasons, including the camera attaching itself to my sweater or fleece while hung around the neck). I am thinking of hooks screwed to the side and bungees/rubber bands round each side of the camera when in use for focusing in astrophotography and macro work.
Has anyone used these finders and/or any suggestions.......? Here is a link to my photobucket folder with some quick pictures of the landscape finder:
link
Thanks
David
Comment by PenCroz posted on Mounting a Genus Gvista LCD Viewfinder on a K5 at 17/09/2011 - 15:33
Thank you all for the welcomes....................
Kenty, I already had the 16-45 f4 DA and the 55-300 f... to.... that I was using with the K10D but got an 18 to 55 WR kit lens so I can play in the rain properly instead of having to use my Optio W60!! Still have to get it wet... tomorrow looks promising I prefer it more clement but that's what living up here in NE Scotland gives you.
Prices will drop now I've got mine.....
Kenty, I already had the 16-45 f4 DA and the 55-300 f... to.... that I was using with the K10D but got an 18 to 55 WR kit lens so I can play in the rain properly instead of having to use my Optio W60!! Still have to get it wet... tomorrow looks promising I prefer it more clement but that's what living up here in NE Scotland gives you.
Prices will drop now I've got mine.....
Comment by PenCroz posted on Hello from another new member at 15/08/2011 - 20:00
I have been lurking for a while to get up to date on the recent Pentax Dslrs and have just upgraded from a K10D to a K5. I am looking forward to putting it's low light capabilities to test on some astrophotos and (controlled!!) HDR on some landscapes. I have been a Pentax User since 1980 when I got a MEsuper and lateer a ME as a second body - both now gone as has the K10D to help finance the lust for a later model!!
I hope I'll have some results of my efforts I dare to submit for your critic, in the meantime back to playing with the new toy...................I mean getting to grips with the K5
PenCroz
Sunny NE Scotland (well at present anyway)
I hope I'll have some results of my efforts I dare to submit for your critic, in the meantime back to playing with the new toy...................I mean getting to grips with the K5
PenCroz
Sunny NE Scotland (well at present anyway)
Comment by PenCroz posted on Hello from another new member at 15/08/2011 - 14:51


Thank you for the link - that is a solution that could be adapted. I like the more solid solution than my bungee idea. Thinking ahead to using the camera for the eclipse in Aus in 2012 I will think of a way of incorporating the BG4 grip into the structure.
I'll post some pics when I get there but it may be a little while before I get back into a workshop.........
Cheers
David