Kpurist

Joined: 17th November 2013

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Kpurist
As a by the way, give me a Pentax and I at home menus and all, , but how and where exactly do I log in for replies?
the Newbee... Kpurist

Comment by Kpurist posted on Help re entry to weekly competition for a newbee at 24/06/2018 - 19:04

Kpurist
Hello
Where does one submit photos, at what size and with what stats?
Been with Pentax since the film days .. digitally from K7 and upgraded each release to K3ii. Same with Pentax lenses recently the 150-450 ED DC AW - barnstorming.
My time is consumed by business overseas - great excuse for trips with camera in hand Cambodia - big birds and the beauty of simplicity in life - I see their struggle.
Forum seems fun, the photo selections just go to show what Pentax kit does so dropping a photo or two into a competition enables friendly critique to hone the art.
Where the heck and how do I do that - naive I know but a route map would be appreciated.
Sincerely Kpurist -
The name choice was impulsive - if I work hard enough at what we all do I just wonder if and maybe whether the camera and the eye behind it need all the post correction ? Well, I am not there yet!

Comment by Kpurist posted on Help re entry to weekly competition for a newbee at 24/06/2018 - 18:51

Kpurist
Ken This is appreciated. I walked into Kodak and for a 10"x 8" was charged £12 and for an A3 size (approx) £55, hence investigating the options. so I will give Loxley a go. I will check out studios near me - you never know. If it is possible I will post it.

Hi McGregni. Well spotted - I am as raw to processing as to the format but I am on the case. I am shooting both - it took about a minute for the K3 to save a burst of 12 shots of about 280 mg in both formats to two different cards and was ready to shoot before it completed the task!I am about to follow the guidance of you two members following a shoot this pm of swans having a quarrel. I worked in the past with the K7 then the K5 now the K3 - I thought I had it liked ....
Composure, patience, know your camera, avoid the tourists, all set, then with complete disregard for my settings the swans flew off the dull water into the bright sky- did you guys say post processing in raw format ?
I maintained a perfect smile in the face of the Canon users shaking their heads at their own gear.
This exchange has been helpful - I will pause before buying the kit, take the time to experiment with post processing and follow up on a lead that could give me the prints I want at a cost I can afford.
Now that's the Pentax forum. thank you.

Comment by Kpurist posted on where to view and print the images matching the quality of the K3 at 10/05/2014 - 18:53

Kpurist
Hi Ken

Thank you. It's trying to maintain the excellent K3 quality in the 'few' steps between the image in the camera and the printed output.A big studio which can work with 16 bit TIFF & offer paper variety I agree. But to keep the camera quality in the end image does it take Lightroom 5,Epson Stylus pro 3880, a high end monitor, calibration software etc? Hence my query. How do you and other Pentax Users get the quality in the end? Is there a studio where one could walk in with a memory stick & plug and play? John aka Kpurist

Comment by Kpurist posted on where to view and print the images matching the quality of the K3 at 10/05/2014 - 13:56

Kpurist
I have recently purchased the K3 its a wow! But I do not have the standard of printing equipment or monitor to transpose whats in the camera to either whilst preserving the quality. Is there a studio in London or a shared resource in London that Pentax users go to? Most local print shops are at 8 bit and the monitors no better than mine. Would appreciate some feed back.
Kpurist

Comment by Kpurist posted on where to view and print the images matching the quality of the K3 at 10/05/2014 - 10:16

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo