jps

Joined: 7th March 2006

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

jps
Pentax K2 for sale, with or without Pentax-M 50mm f/1.7 (Body only £100, £130 with lens.) £10 UK RM Special Delivery.

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


K2 in full working order, a wonderful & historic camera to use. Superbly specified for its time, including mirror lock up, DOF preview, Av & full manual modes, PC socket.

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


As well documented elsewhere, the ISO speed can be a bit fiddly to set, but once you've done it a few times it's not an issue.

I don't think the lens cap is contemporary with the lens, though it might well have been supplied with whatever lens the camera came with, back in the day (someone might have to help me there - it's a push on metal cap, 49mm diameter).

Payment by bank transfer only please.

(I'm away this weekend, & won't have internet access for most of Saturday. I'll respond to any PMs that I receive fairly & in order, though obviously offers take precedence over interest! I should be back online daytime on Sunday.)

Jonathan

Comment by jps posted on FS:Classic K2 and M50mm f/1.7 at 12/07/2014 - 02:46

jps
Metz 45 CL4 for sale - £65 plus £10 UK RM Special Delivery. A versatile and powerful flashgun, fine for digital (I've been using it with a K5). It has many advanced features including tilt & swivel, & a subsidiary “catch light” flash (for when the main flash is in the bounce position). Very quick recycling times from 6 AA alkaline batteries (holder supplied).

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


I have been using this flash with the supplied PC cable in Auto mode, which has given fantastic results. It should also be possible to purchase the Pentax SCA adapter & lead should you wish to use TTL with this flashgun.

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


I will also supply the Metz 45-56 NiMH battery, though I do not have a charger for this & have never used it (I've always used the AA holder).

The box is a little worn though the flash is fine.

Payment by bank transfer only please.

(I'm away this weekend, & won't have internet access for most of Saturday. I'll respond to any PMs that I receive fairly & in order, though obviously offers take precedence over interest! I should be back online daytime on Sunday.)

Jonathan

Comment by jps posted on FS: Metz 45 CL4 at 12/07/2014 - 01:15

jps
Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 EX DF lens for sale - £90 plus £10 UK RM Special Delivery. This is a constant f/2.8 lens, suitable for film or digital.

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


The DF indicates that it has a Dual Focus system, meaning you change between AF & MF by moving the focus ring backwards or forwards, thereby engaging or disengaging the clutch (similar to some recent Tamron lenses such as the 70-200 f/2.8 ).

It's a decent, sharp lens, though it's been a backup for a while, & is not being used enough to justify keeping it.

Payment by bank transfer only please.

(I'm away this weekend, & won't have internet access for most of Saturday. I'll respond to any PMs that I receive fairly & in order, though obviously offers will take precedence over expressions of interest! I should be back online daytime on Sunday.)

Jonathan

Comment by jps posted on FS: Sigma 28-70 f/2.8 Pentax fit £90 at 12/07/2014 - 00:04

jps
This is now sold to a forum member, pending collection.

Comment by jps posted on K5, mint, priced for quick sale at 12/12/2013 - 20:40

jps
FS: K5 body, with only 433 shutter actuations. Bought as a third spare body, but hardly used.

Boxed with original Pentax battery, charger, strap, manual and software.

£325, with UK RMSD at £10. Payment by bank transfer or cash on collection (Norfolk, UK).

I should be able to respond to PMs during the day, and will try to post some better pictures tomorrow evening if needed.

Comment Image


Comment Image


All the best,

Jonathan

Comment by jps posted on K5, mint, priced for quick sale at 12/12/2013 - 04:00

jps
DrOrloff wrote:
Loads but here's a few.

Coen Brothers films (Roger Deakins).

The two films of recent years whose cinematography stands out for me are

The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford and Control.

My top three all time best pieces of cinematography are:

1. Hud
2. Seven Samurai
3. Badlands
Thanks for reminding me about The Assassination Of Jesse James... I've only ever seen that on DVD, but I would have loved to have seen it in a cinema.

Jonathan

Comment by jps posted on Has anyone seen... at 22/07/2011 - 13:44

jps
Has anyone seen Tree of Life?

I saw it last night, and, without wanting to comment at this point on the film itself (believe me, you will have a strong opinion on it!), I think it's a film that every photographer should see. The cinematography is easily the best I've seen for years in a big budget film.

Any other recommended films for photographers?

Jonathan

Comment by jps posted on Has anyone seen... at 22/07/2011 - 00:27

jps
Hi David,

This is a near impossible question to answer, and the "going rate" will depend on who's anawering the question.

For instance, an amateur might quote a low price or do the work for free in order to get a foot in the door or get some portfolio pictures, whereas a professional will have insurance, equipment, tax and NI, plus various other overheads to factor in. But a professional should be able to guarantee that clients get the pictures they want, and will therefore command a higher fee.

Another thing to consider is what exactly it is that you're charging for. Is it an attendance fee for taking the photos (e.g. £100 or £500 a day) with the pics then sold on a per image basis, or are you simply selling the images themselves? If so, are you providing prints or framed images (in which case you have to factor this into your prices) or are you providing the pictures on CD (in which case you may want to make clear the copyright issues & warn against unauthorised printing or web use)?

Obviously all this depends on the pricing structure that you decide upon, and/or what you want to do in the future, but it's worth considering where you want to situate yourself in the market (which is exactly what you are doing as soon as you decide to charge for your services).

Best of luck with the shoots, & I hope you get the pricing right.

Jonathan

Comment by jps posted on What is the going rate ? at 22/07/2011 - 00:12

jps
I used to own a Z-1p, and it definitely does have continuous AF, though it only has one central AF point (though this was never a problem for me).

Jonathan

Comment by jps posted on *ist maybe? at 10/03/2011 - 15:03

jps
Thanks for posting that, Laurence. Two great shots, and nice to see you in action in the other entry.

I'm with you on the capabilities of the K100D - I have two and I love them. Despite owning "better" cameras I often find myself going back to the K100D - I try to ignore the small buffer and slightly clattery shutter, & it's always worth it as it takes fantastic pictures. I've printed larger than A2 from its 6MP files, and over 90% of the pictures on my website are K100D images: www.jsphotography.zenfolio.com (The rest are from the K20D, plus two are from a Canon S90.)

Congratulations again, Laurence, and all the best for the finals.

Jonathan

Comment by jps posted on K100d still a winner at 22/12/2010 - 23:58

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo