GordonR

Joined: 9th July 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

GordonR
You are right John Riley, the shutter does release in Manual. I am using a commercial (Gray) White Balance card having a cross-hair, etc. The camera does focus. However, I see no way of adjusting the WB. The G-B-A-M grid does not appear like I am aquainted with on the K-5. The K-01 manual simply says "Adjust the white balance as necessary". I know I am missing something, but can not figure out what it is that I am doing or not doing that is incorrect?

Comment by GordonR posted on Adjusting the White Balance Manually, K-01 at 12/05/2012 - 02:17

GordonR
Thank you John Riley for the quick response. The K-5 & K-01 procedures (as written) do differ some-what. After I press the AF/AE-L button, I should release the shutter, how-ever the shutter will not release.

Comment by GordonR posted on Adjusting the White Balance Manually, K-01 at 11/05/2012 - 14:03

GordonR
Has any member manually adjusted the K-01 White Balance manually using a Gray Card?
Using the procedures listed on pages 131 & 132, I am unable to get past step 3. When I press the AF/AE-L button, nothing seems to happen. I have tried several different capture modes but can not determine what it is I may be doing incorrectly. Incidently, I am using the DA40mm XS lens.

Comment by GordonR posted on Adjusting the White Balance Manually, K-01 at 11/05/2012 - 13:32

GordonR
bladerunneruk wrote:
Hi folks
could you recommend something(s?) for under the tree please to do two jobs ...
1) a remote for the K5, i have the dinky remote which fits in the K10 battery grip but need something with more range, say 2-4m from the front of the camera
2) a cable release or remote for doing portraits with flash & softbox

thanks
I have been using a Flash Wave2 radio trigger set for both studio lighting and in-field flash (Pentax AF540FGZ) and am quite happy.
First began using the Flashwave with a K-x and now use it with a K-5.
I use up to three receivers with one transmitter, and have taken shots hundred yards distance between the transmitter and the receiver, with-out a problem. There is a new model of Flash Wave out now, though I have not tried it.
I tried using the Pentax PTX 39892 Remote, but found it to be very limiting, rather unreliable and having a short life-span.
I often use the Pentax CS-205 Cable Switch when using a tripod in the field, and have found it to be 99.9 percent reliable. In fact, I would say that it is the best investment one can make, after getting a tripod.

Comment by GordonR posted on remote or cable release for K5 at 03/12/2011 - 14:02

GordonR
What a dandy place to live.
The B&W seems to work quite well.
Thanks for sharing .

Comment by GordonR posted on Mirror Docks at 16/07/2011 - 15:34

GordonR
I have been away for a time, so apologize for not getting back to you Stefan.
After I install the 16-50 lens on the K-x and turn the camera control switch ON, I can take a single shot in Auto, with the subject in focus. After that no more pictures can be taken, even if I turn the camera control switch OFF and then ON again. If I shift to Live view there is no difference. As I mentioned before, the K-x works well in Auto with other lenses, and the Pentax 16-50 lens works well with a K-5.
Even so, thanks for the idea.

Comment by GordonR posted on Kx Auto focus not functioning at 16/07/2011 - 15:09

GordonR
I must agree with 08tiger about the cable about the AF160FC. That, and it is alittle bit pricey. Other-wise I have found it serves well with Macro, Close-up and Portrait. It is both strong and dependable.

Comment by GordonR posted on Ring flashes; at 13/07/2011 - 09:21

GordonR
Thank you John Riley, Giorgio, i-Berg (I like your slogan) & Japers45, very nice to make your acquaintances.
Now I think I shall move on into the Forum to find out what you do for excitment around here.

Comment by GordonR posted on Greetings from across the pond at 13/07/2011 - 09:09

GordonR
HELLO EVERYONE!
Here I have been posting for the past few days and have not even introduced myself.
I don't live too far from Philadelphia (U.S. of A.)which should explain why I might spell certain words differently.
I enjoy photography and presently am using a K-5 and an "older" K-x. I am master of neither, which means I am still always learning, and PENTAX USER appears to be a good place to continue this.
I enjoy the outdoors, and photographing the world. I have been told that I have a documentary approach to photography.
I must confess that I like lenses and suffer slightly from LBA.
Am looking forward to your comments, concerns and advise. Any questions, please ask.

Comment by GordonR posted on Greetings from across the pond at 12/07/2011 - 20:39

GordonR
Thank you i-Berg (I don't know what a "Pentax Pro Master" is, but it certainly conveys an importance). I will have the lens looked into.

Comment by GordonR posted on Kx Auto focus not functioning at 12/07/2011 - 20:11

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo