Gordon

Joined: 13th January 2004

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Gordon
I have a vested interest here. I am a member of several other forums, all of which have separate sales'n'wants adds, all open to "guests". Check; scuonline.org as an example (Scottish Cycle Racing)

Anonymity is a problem faced by many forums. A buyer can purchase from whoever they like - perhaps the forum may face a legal obligation if it tries to vouch for sellers? If in doubt about how genuine a sale is, just walk away.

Forums in general can be off putting sometimes for newcomers. This one seems a bit better than most though. Anyone could join this forum, use a pseudonym, and still be dishonest. Buyer beware!

GG

Comment by Gordon posted on Should adverts be banned? at 14/06/2004 - 13:49

Gordon
I've got a manual for my SFXn which was stolen. Where do you want it sent to (The original)? FOC as long as it's made available to others.

Comment by Gordon posted on PentaxManuals at 01/06/2004 - 13:41

Gordon
Yet more assumptions about my status of wealth from Geo. How I came about my equipment is of no concern to him (All totally genuine and Jessops receipts are all in my name). I also don't intend discussing personal affairs here.

I have had several enquiries which I do regard as time wasting. People asking how much I want for a lens hood or whether I want to buy more equipment, or whether I want to swap for an inflatable boat.

Point A Geo baby - it's not your website.
Point B - It's none of your business
Point C - You're getting right up my nose

Shouldn't you be getting ready for the scrabble club or your crochet class?

Comment by Gordon posted on Pentax MZS kit for sale at 03/06/2004 - 08:14

Gordon
Thanks for your helpful reply Kim. I did ask with my original post some months ago if sales were permitted - nobody said anything to the contrary. I had been unable to locate a separate sales forum.

I do appreciate that one person's opinion may differ on a value from another's - but that's life and the buyer goes off to shop elsewhere if they don't like the price.

Regards

GG

Comment by Gordon posted on Pentax MZS kit for sale at 02/06/2004 - 14:52

Gordon
My dear George,

By the fact that you have made over 140 posts here, you're obviously a regular. If reading an advert for some camera equipment (is my spelling ok so far?) renders you "rather irritated" then I'm sorry for the great deal of offence that my advert causes you. I really do deeply apologise. What right do I have to come onto your website and openly discuss Pentax equipment or spell a word wrongly? I'm very obviously a bad man. What can I do to make it up to you? I'm also sorry that my present camera (Which isn't a canon by the way) is a "cheapo" in your opinion. You really are a much wiser person than me because you know that my purchase has been "unwise". I'm sorry that I don't have as much money as you do. I'm sorry for my "effrontery". I'm sorry for seeming "arrogant" to you. Thanks also for your concern over my family's holiday arrangements this year. We have not however, as you suspected, been to Mars. We are spending two weeks in Kintyre in July.

One thing that has discouraged newcomers from joining camera clubs - or many other clubs for that matter - has been the habit of the established mebers to ridicule the guy or girl who has walked through the door, or maybe doesn't take a hobby to the extremities that they do. The same was often said about older camera shops. But now, that seems to have transferred across to the World Wide Web.

I'll sleep easier in my bed in the sure and certain knowledge that there are nice people like George out in the world looking after my welfare. Kind and caring individuals that get so emotional over an advert. Educated people who are passing their wealth of experience down to a new generation of photographers.

It does seem a wee tad unlikely that George will be my next customer. Even if he wanted to come and see me - he'd be far too busy writing to The Times or The Guardian about "youngsters today" and how they are charged up on those drugs and placing arrogant adverts on websites.

It would be interesting to see what others think of George's posting before I do reveal my true thoughts however. Over to you world............

Comment by Gordon posted on Pentax MZS kit for sale at 02/06/2004 - 07:56

Gordon
Have now decided to split everything, so prices will be;

Body £500 inc all film free
Cable switch £30
AF500FTZ £270
70-300 - £140
17-35 - £240
28 - 70 - £220
Bag - £30
Tripod + case = £70

Any takers?

Comment by Gordon posted on Pentax MZS kit for sale at 22/01/2004 - 23:37

Gordon
Pentax MZS quartz databack body (NEW £700)
Pentax MZS digital cable switch (NEW £400
Pentax AF500FTZ flashgun (NEW£360)
Sigma 17-35 zoom, Pentax AF fit (NEW £330
Sigma 28-70 EXDF zoom, Pentax AF fit (NEW £300)
Sigma 70-300 zoom, Pentax AF fit (NEW £200)
Jessop Atlantic camera bag - large size (NEW £40)
Velbon D700 tripod and case (NEW £80 + £20)
About 20 rolls of film - all 36exp, mostly fuji 100, 200, 400
some jessops same speed (NEW £75 min.)

All hardware is boxed with lense cases, manuals and jessops receipts.

Total New = £2500

My price = £1500 for the lot. Have shot only 5 or 6 films on this and it is
well beyond what I require since I bought a digicam. I work in London Mon -
Fri, and am in Glasgow at weekends, so I can bring equipment to either location.

Gordon Tel 07919 206 818

Comment by Gordon posted on Pentax MZS kit for sale at 22/01/2004 - 08:48

Gordon
Reply sent by email

Gordon

Comment by Gordon posted on Selling my new MZS and full outfit at 14/01/2004 - 14:47

Gordon
Can anyone tell me where I'll get the best price for my full MZS kit please? Are private sales allowed on here? Being new, I don't want to make this look like an advert in case it's not allowed?

Comment by Gordon posted on Selling my new MZS and full outfit at 13/01/2004 - 17:34

Gordon
The F is a square section I think( 4 sides), the newer one has the corner cut off (5 sides). I used an F with a SFXN, but was slightly tricky to fit to the Z1P because of the extra corner

Comment by Gordon posted on Cable switch F or Fdp at 13/01/2004 - 17:30

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo