Gary Hickin

Joined: 2nd November 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Gary Hickin
Great stuff from a cobbled together macro setup.

Comment by Gary Hickin posted on Glamour shoot of a jumping spider at 10/07/2008 - 20:25

Gary Hickin
Yes, 1/180th is the max. on the K10D- does'nt matter as long as it's open for longer than the flash duration, which freezes the action- ambient light can be a problem or a blessing, depending on what I'm trying to capture.

Comment by Gary Hickin posted on Time Drop at 10/07/2008 - 20:10

Gary Hickin
Erm.... Good question- No HS flash involved- I observe the drop frequency for a while and sort of become one with the drop ( kinda zen thing, lol!)- then snap away. I usually get quite a few good ones. I sometimes pick reference points as the drop passes depending on the type of drop/splash I'm trying to capture.
Cheers, Gary

Comment by Gary Hickin posted on Time Drop at 10/07/2008 - 19:16

Gary Hickin
Sorry for the late reply- internet problems!
Taken with a K10D + remote, Sigma 70-300 DG APO with a Raynox DCR 250 stuck on the end, f29, iso 100, on camera flash with foil on cardboard reflectors plus two angled DVDs to add a hint of colour. Old biro in clamp refilled with hypo to provide drips into wine glass with old pocket watch placed behind- thats about it!
Cheers, Gary

Comment by Gary Hickin posted on Time Drop at 10/07/2008 - 18:52

Gary Hickin
Thanks Gwyn !

Comment by Gary Hickin posted on Time Drop at 06/07/2008 - 14:56

Gary Hickin
Sorry- not quite sure what I was doing- first post on this forum. Actually I still don't know what I'm doing- but I'll get there despite my computer continually locking up on me!

Comment by Gary Hickin posted on Time Drop at 06/07/2008 - 12:23

Gary Hickin
Great shot of a very cool creature. Love your rig, very impressive!

Comment by Gary Hickin posted on The Aliens Have Landed at 10/07/2008 - 21:39

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo