chrisru

Joined: 30th January 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

chrisru
yes if it goes for £56 then I will be a bit disappointed. Always hard to say what you will get but at least with ebay I know it will definitely sell. As I'm not using it then it may as well go to someone who will.

Comment by chrisru posted on FS: Pentax 18-135 mm WR at 02/11/2017 - 21:02

chrisru
Currently at £52, finishes at 7pm on Sunday

Comment by chrisru posted on FS: Pentax 18-135 mm WR at 02/11/2017 - 15:00

chrisru
On ebay from today, auction due to finish in 7 days time.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pentax-DA-ED-AL-18-135mm-f-3-5-5-6-Water-Resistant-len...

Comment by chrisru posted on FS: Pentax 18-135 mm WR at 29/10/2017 - 17:19

chrisru
For sale my Pentax 18-135 mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AL IF DC WR Lens
This is a lovely lens with great reviews and ideal for use as a standard lens as it is weatherproof and covers the most commonly used focal lengths. Because of other lens I've found I don't use this so much now and therefore reducing my collection! Lens is pretty much as new and comes complete with Pentax caps but doesn't have the lens hood which can be bought separately. £190 to sell, includes Royal Mail postage to UK. UK buyers only and payment by cheque or bank transfer ahead of shipping. Thanks!

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment by chrisru posted on FS: Pentax 18-135 mm WR at 02/10/2017 - 12:27

chrisru
Yes, it was a Hasselblad, I went to see Ian Lawson's exhibition at Rheged near Penrith, it is on until this Friday I think. The prints there were very dramatic at size, and I really enjoyed them. I've heard a comment that the colours were not manipulated, the shots were done with film however some of the reds do look very vivid and there is quite a use made of selective focus - what were your thoughts Roger?

The website for the book (exhibition) is http://www.lakelandherdwick.com/ and Ian Lawson's web site is http://www.ianlawson.com/store/herdwick/

Comment by chrisru posted on Countryfile at 13/04/2015 - 07:00

chrisru
"a painted boat upon a painted ocean" - #2 is stunning.

I think I would prefer #1 with a shorter exposure, freezing all of the grass. Which may or may not have been possible at the time of course

Comment by chrisru posted on A few recent shots at 13/03/2014 - 20:46

chrisru
Gajan, I was a bit disappointed when I first got the lens as I had a few soft shots - if you look at the reviews then you can see that the centre is nearly always sharp. However the edges can be soft at large apertures and when the lens is used at the longer end. So if you can keep it around f8 then you should be OK at the shorter end up to 70mm.
Using the lens for landscapes at the wide angle end means choosing a smaller aperture, but for a portrait shot you would be OK with a wider aperture if the person's face was in the centre.
Greater than 70mm then you really want to have the subject around the middle given how poor the edges are getting.

Have a look at this review
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/smc-pentax-da-18-135mm-f-3-5-5-6-ed-al--if--dc...

Comment by chrisru posted on Which lens is your favourite all round performer at 09/12/2013 - 15:04

chrisru
I'd echo John's comment. You just need to remember the sweet spot for the 18-135, keep it at an appropriately small aperture, and keep the subject matter in the centre at the longer end.

Chris

Comment by chrisru posted on Which lens is your favourite all round performer at 09/12/2013 - 09:44

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo