As posted on other boards, I've decided to sell my prized Pentax SMCP-FA 200mm f/2.8 IF Lens. In my opinion one of the best telephoto lenses ever made, but i've found myself only using my 28-70mm in the past few years.
I've had it since new, and it was extensively serviced by pentax thoroughly two years ago after developing a small problem. It's in good condition but has a few small surface scratches (about 3 noticeable ones on the body, one or two on the hood) which happen with all Pentax's silver lenses because of the colour. It's in perfect working order, complete with the hood and rear cap.
Annoyingly i threw the boxes for all my pentax stuff out last year, but might be able to find the repair invoice or even sales invoice somewhere.
As i'm sure you all know it's basically the non digital version of the newer 200mm 2.8 pro model pentax have out - the DA - but I feel the FA is much better looking, with a better colour profile output in my opinion and metal lens hood, generally better construction, and a slightly slimmer profile. It also has an aperture ring unlike the DA and possibly most importantly, can be used in digital or film bodies equally well.
I'm sure you are aware how rare these lenses are. I'm gutted to be letting it go but times change. I'm looking for the lens to go to a good home to someone on here. Best closest offer to the £550 mark takes the lens.
Collection can be from central London or Cambridge. More than welcome to pop by for a test in London, I'm in Islington. I will upload some pics of it, as well as some I've taken with it on here once I figure it out.
Best, Chris
Specs from Pentax website:
The Pentax SMCSMCP-FA 200mm f2.8 IF telephoto lens has a minimum focus distance of 4.7 feet and a fully automatic diaphragm and an 18 degree angle of view. It can be used with all Pentax SLR cameras, but the AF system only works with a Pentax AF camera.
* Telephoto lens
* Fully automatic diaphragm
* Minimum focus distance of 4.7 feet
* 12.5 degree angle of view
* Can be used with all Pentax SLR cameras
Technical Details
* Type: Telephoto
* Focal length: 200mm
* Magnification: 0.14x
* Minimum aperture: f32
* Maximum aperture: f2.8
* Construction: 9 elements in 8 groups
* Angle of view: 12.5 degrees
* Focus drive: AF and manual
* Minimum focus: 4.7 feet
* Filter diameter: 77mm
* Mount type: Pentax
* Special features: Fully automatic diaphragm
* Length: 5.3 inches
* Weight: 25.2 ounces
As posted on other boards, I've decided to sell my prized Pentax SMCP-FA 200mm f/2.8 IF Lens. In my opinion one of the best telephoto lenses ever made, but i've found myself only using my 28-70mm in the past few years.
I've had it since new, and it was extensively serviced by pentax thoroughly two years ago after developing a small problem. It's in good condition but has a few small surface scratches (about 3 noticeable ones on the body, one or two on the hood) which happen with all Pentax's silver lenses because of the colour. It's in perfect working order, complete with the hood and rear cap.
Annoyingly i threw the boxes for all my pentax stuff out last year, but might be able to find the repair invoice or even sales invoice somewhere.
As i'm sure you all know it's basically the non digital version of the newer 200mm 2.8 pro model pentax have out - the DA - but I feel the FA is much better looking, with a better colour profile output in my opinion and metal lens hood, generally better construction, and a slightly slimmer profile. It also has an aperture ring unlike the DA and possibly most importantly, can be used in digital or film bodies equally well.
I'm sure you are aware how rare these lenses are. I'm gutted to be letting it go but times change. I'm looking for the lens to go to a good home to someone on here. Best closest offer to the £550 mark takes the lens.
Collection can be from central London or Cambridge. More than welcome to pop by for a test in London, I'm in Islington. I will upload some pics of it, as well as some I've taken with it on here once I figure it out.
Best, Chris
Specs from Pentax website:
The Pentax SMCSMCP-FA 200mm f2.8 IF telephoto lens has a minimum focus distance of 4.7 feet and a fully automatic diaphragm and an 18 degree angle of view. It can be used with all Pentax SLR cameras, but the AF system only works with a Pentax AF camera.
* Telephoto lens
* Fully automatic diaphragm
* Minimum focus distance of 4.7 feet
* 12.5 degree angle of view
* Can be used with all Pentax SLR cameras
Technical Details
* Type: Telephoto
* Focal length: 200mm
* Magnification: 0.14x
* Minimum aperture: f32
* Maximum aperture: f2.8
* Construction: 9 elements in 8 groups
* Angle of view: 12.5 degrees
* Focus drive: AF and manual
* Minimum focus: 4.7 feet
* Filter diameter: 77mm
* Mount type: Pentax
* Special features: Fully automatic diaphragm
* Length: 5.3 inches
* Weight: 25.2 ounces