canvas-art

Joined: 15th January 2025

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

canvas-art
Chrism8 wrote:
Could you upload an example so we can see the actual problem with the settings used, this would help greatly with any suggestions made.

Presuming the paintings are not behind glass..........
No, they are not glass. They are canvas paintings. Someone told me that, when photos are taken in bright sunlight, the camera's lens and sensor system automatically adjust to prevent overexposure, which occurs when too much light enters the camera and washes out the image.

I will upload a few images soon.

Comment by canvas-art posted on Need Help with Photographing Paintings – Colors Look Dull and Shadowy at 15/01/2025 - 10:39

canvas-art
Hi everyone,

I’m using a Pentax K10D camera with the SMC-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens to photograph my paintings. However, I often find that my photos look shadowy, and the colors don’t pop as they should. I usually have to adjust the exposure in Photoshop afterward, which can be time-consuming.

I’m wondering what might be causing this issue. Could it be because I choose sunny days and shoot around noon? Should I be photographing them in shaded areas instead?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! 😊

Comment by canvas-art posted on Need Help with Photographing Paintings – Colors Look Dull and Shadowy at 15/01/2025 - 08:42

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo