All Forum Comments
Thanks Mike, i do keep looking around for a cheap reflector, but no luck as yet. I do have an old 60mm refractor but would need a eq mount and different tripod. I have enlisted the help of a clever brother in law and will try and build a barn door over the week end. I hope to have a go at imaging soon
Comment by Billski posted on Astrophotography - Scotch barn door tracker at 09/10/2012 - 23:06
Well I have been well and truly been bitten by the bug that is astro photography! I have managed a few star trails, a series of 45 sec exposures with a couple of darks, and stack them with DSS. Now I want to move on a bit and try constellations and the holy grail that is Andromeda. EQ mounts are out of my price range, so I have decided to build a simple scotch barn door tracker!
I know not to expect top quality images from such a piece of kit, but I would like to know if anyone out there has experience of building a barn door, and if so, what issues/difficulties they had.
I have a range of lenses from 10-20mm sigma to a 70-300mm sigma. I would like to shoot andromeda at 200mm.
If there are astro nuts out there who could give some advice, it would be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance
Bill
I know not to expect top quality images from such a piece of kit, but I would like to know if anyone out there has experience of building a barn door, and if so, what issues/difficulties they had.
I have a range of lenses from 10-20mm sigma to a 70-300mm sigma. I would like to shoot andromeda at 200mm.
If there are astro nuts out there who could give some advice, it would be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance
Bill
Comment by Billski posted on Astrophotography - Scotch barn door tracker at 09/10/2012 - 12:10
Hi all
My name is Bill got back into photography a couple of years ago. Would have loved to have owned the K-10, but couldn't afford it and plumbed for the GX-10, which I am pleased to say is a great camera for the stage I am at right now. Looking to upgrade to the K-7 next year when the price comes down abit. I love shooting portraits of our little 6 year old Chloe and would love some honest feedback on some images.
Regards
Bill
My name is Bill got back into photography a couple of years ago. Would have loved to have owned the K-10, but couldn't afford it and plumbed for the GX-10, which I am pleased to say is a great camera for the stage I am at right now. Looking to upgrade to the K-7 next year when the price comes down abit. I love shooting portraits of our little 6 year old Chloe and would love some honest feedback on some images.
Regards
Bill
Comment by Billski posted on Hello from another newbie at 29/01/2011 - 20:36

