Alx357

Joined: 29th January 2012

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Alx357
Well ... these latest answers are somewhat of a turnaround ...
Not so different after all.
Does anyone have a ME belt clip ? Will it fit well and work on a MX ?

Comment by Alx357 posted on MX & ME base plates compared .... at 04/02/2012 - 23:55

Alx357
Thats the info I was looking for .... so a belt clip for the ME won't go onto an MX .... unless I drill a new hole ... 'don't have the belt clip in hand now, but could acquire one ... if the belt clip baseplate was simply a hole with threads to hold the screw. ( I do have a 1/4-20 tap-set ) Thanks, from across the pond.

Comment by Alx357 posted on MX & ME base plates compared .... at 29/01/2012 - 19:48

Alx357
Ok thanks, but I guess what I really wanted to know does not rely on the height of the cameras but only the footprints with respect to the tripod screw location. Do the base-plates' dimensions and tripod screw locations coincide ?

Comment by Alx357 posted on MX & ME base plates compared .... at 29/01/2012 - 18:48

Alx357
Is the "footprint" of the MX same as that of the ME cameras. ?

Will cases that use tripod thread screws interchange ?

Comment by Alx357 posted on MX & ME base plates compared .... at 29/01/2012 - 18:00

Alx357
These foam seals are a problem everywhere, in all older cameras. Leica i believe, uses a padded cloth wound material for seals, which can last much longer. Isn't there any material that could be used which doesn't break down over time with air exposure. I guess ozone, and other pollutants are to blame.

Comment by Alx357 posted on New (to me) Pentax MX - damaged?? at 29/01/2012 - 17:56

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo