Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Yet more casualties

womble
Posted 01/03/2012 - 19:20 Link
Oh dear: KODAK PROFESSIONAL Color Reversal Films.

Our choices appear to be narrowing quickly.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
walkeja
Posted 02/03/2012 - 10:12 Link
A bit obvious really since they (Kodak) have gone out of business. And to think they invented the digital camera!
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member
johnriley
Posted 02/03/2012 - 10:20 Link
To be fair, Kodak have not actually gone out of business, but have filed for bancruptcy protection. They have withdrawn from several manufacturing areas. Clearly anything that doesn't make money will be ditched.

Polaroid did this quite some time ago and are still, sort of, around.
Best regards, John
womble
Posted 02/03/2012 - 17:17 Link
Just echo what John said, Kodak are still very much in business and are continuing -- at least for now -- to manufacture Ektar, Portra and their BW range as well as their consumer grade films.

It is only slide range which is being discontinued. In fact, their film division was (?is) making money, it was their consumer-grade digital cameras that were loosing money hand over fist. They have been definitively discontinued. Let's hope a stream-lined restructured Kodak will continue to make quality films for a while yet. (That was said with all my digits crossed as I shoot mainly Kodak film these days.)

Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.