Yeovilton Air Day Static Display


Mike-P

Link Posted 14/07/2013 - 17:14
Went to Yeovilton yesterday for the air day, very very hot and the heat haze was a right PITA ... just started processing the shots but in the meantime here are some of the items that were on display around the air base.

All taken with the K-5II and Sigma 12-24mm.






























. My Flickr

AlJones2402

Link Posted 14/07/2013 - 19:42
Waw, look at the shine on that Ac Cobra. Great set Mike

Ps. How did you get on with the k5ii and it's improved focus tracking?

Mike-P

Link Posted 15/07/2013 - 13:33
Cheers Rob.

What improved focus tracking is all I can say.
. My Flickr

RobE17

Link Posted 15/07/2013 - 13:51
Some very nice photos there Mike, I particularly like the effect of the German Lynx helicopter.

Did you see the Vulcan display at Yeovilton? What did you think of it? There has been some criticism on various forums that it is being flown too far from the crowd this season.
My Flickr Page

AlJones2402

Link Posted 15/07/2013 - 18:04
Mike-P wrote:
Cheers Rob.

What improved focus tracking is all I can say.

No improvement from the k5 then? That's a shame eh!

From the information I've read I thought the k5ii/s had the same selectable expanded af function as the k30 for improved focus tracking?

Not in the same league as C&N then!

Stuey

Link Posted 15/07/2013 - 21:22
I like the metro engine jaguar in number one

Nice shots Mike
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

Mike-P

Link Posted 15/07/2013 - 22:07
RobE17 wrote:
Did you see the Vulcan display at Yeovilton? What did you think of it? There has been some criticism on various forums that it is being flown too far from the crowd this season.

Yes it flew, have to say it was a lot further away than from previous times.

Rob2402 wrote:

No improvement from the k5 then? That's a shame eh!

From the information I've read I thought the k5ii/s had the same selectable expanded af function as the k30 for improved focus tracking?

Not in the same league as C&N then!

It does have the selectable expanded af but it's still very basic compared to other makes. I lost focus so many times with the 50-500mm OS it was unbelievable. Until we get more af points covering smaller areas (Pentax points each cover far too much space meaning there is a large gap between each that is not covered properly when tracking) it will never be in the same league as Canikon.

Saying that, when photographing anything not requiring fast af tracking the K-5II totally blows the 7D out of the water imo.
. My Flickr

bettyswolloks

Link Posted 16/07/2013 - 09:59
Nice set. We have an XJ220 round here only ever actually seen it the once driving out of town, I waited over an hour for it to come back because I'd heard he never took it out for long in case it rained, I'll get it one day

japers45

Link Posted 16/07/2013 - 21:52
some kind of cloning faux par on the jag?

Helpful

Mike-P

Link Posted 19/07/2013 - 08:41
japers45 wrote:
some kind of cloning faux par on the jag?

Really strange, not sure how I missed that
. My Flickr
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.