Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Xmas cards

pmcquail
Posted 06/10/2018 - 13:35 Link
It's that time of year agian and I'm contemplating producing my own cards for a change.

Does anyone know of a source of suitably sized photocard with matching envelopes?

Not looking for particularly large volumes (
K5, K200d (IR @ 720NM), X-5
womble
Posted 06/10/2018 - 17:17 Link
I just get them printed by someone like Vistaprint. By the time you have bought ink, cards and envelopes it is hardly worth doing it at home. Hint: with Vistaprint design the cards on their site but then wait a few days before ordering. They always send a discount code!
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
Gwyn
Posted 06/10/2018 - 18:08 Link
I use an online service too. I get 20 double cards and envelopes for €8. Sometimes less if they have an offer. Can't do it myself for that, and the qulity is really good.

My biggest problem is coming up with a suitable photo every year! They never feature us, and I like to get creative with them. I suppose it's time to get creative soon.
Aero
Posted 07/10/2018 - 00:00 Link
I've used card stock from Photo Paper Direct for years, when I can be bothered, and have been impressed with the results. It could be cheaper to go to someone like Vistaprint but I prefer to do it myself. This one works well if you want a glossy finish on the outside: link. They offer many other finishes and sizes, and all the ones I've tried produce top-quality results. Gwyn is quite right: the biggest challenge is coming up with the right photo.
Edited by Aero: 07/10/2018 - 00:01
SteveF
Posted 07/10/2018 - 08:45 Link
I've used Permajet's excellent cards and envelopes for the past few years.

https://www.permajet.com/Products/PermaJet-Inkjet-Postcards-and-Greetings-Cards

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.