WWT Barnes & Martin Mere

simonarron
Posted 15/12/2012 - 20:14 Link
Two wonderful reserves, separated by 225 miles and a couple of days during quick-fire visits this week...
[IMG]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/simonarron/Simon%20Arron%20-%20wildlife/robin5-2.jpg[/IMG] 1 - Capital robin

[IMG]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/simonarron/Simon%20Arron%20-%20wildlife/wigeon1.jpg[/IMG] 2 - West London wigeon

[IMG]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/simonarron/Simon%20Arron%20-%20wildlife/shelduck2.jpg[/IMG] 3 - Shelduck near Southport

[IMG]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/simonarron/Simon%20Arron%20-%20wildlife/whooper10.jpg[/IMG] 4 - Whooper on the wing at Martin Mere

[IMG]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/simonarron/Simon%20Arron%20-%20wildlife/bewick4.jpg[/IMG] 5 - Bewick's swan in Barnes

[IMG]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/simonarron/Simon%20Arron%20-%20wildlife/sunset2.jpg[/IMG] 6 - Late afternoon in Lancs

[IMG]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/simonarron/Simon%20Arron%20-%20wildlife/robin16.jpg[/IMG] 7 - Capital robin (reprise)
Redcow
Posted 16/12/2012 - 00:21 Link
Great shots. What camera and lens did you use? I love photographing birds but find it really difficult to get close enough to get such good, sharp images.
simonarron
Posted 16/12/2012 - 07:19 Link
Redcow wrote:
What camera and lens did you use?
All with a K-5, Ross, and mostly using the Sigma 150-500 (although the into-the-sun landscape was taken with a £36 eBay bargain known as the FA 28-70 f4).
08tiger
Posted 16/12/2012 - 07:51 Link
Love those robins.
C&C welcome.
Don.
matwhittington
Posted 16/12/2012 - 19:30 Link
Nice set - also love the Robins, and the Wigeon (a favourite duck of mine). Super sharp shots. The WWT reserves are great aren't they. I often go to the Barnes one as it's close to where I live. I can recommend the Arundel reserve as well.

Cheers
Mat W

My Flickr: link
simonarron
Posted 16/12/2012 - 20:52 Link
Thanks, Mat. Yes, concur about Arundel - one of my favourite haunts. As for Barnes, I haven't been back there since this afternoon...

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo