Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

WTB Pentax WR 18-135mm

cardiffgareth
Posted 16/01/2016 - 18:01 Link
I see there are a few for sale on here at the mo but I don't want to reply to all the posts as I'm looking to pay £140 for one. It could be a no go price wise but you never know who's looking to sell quickly.

I'm only looking to buy one as a stop gap whilst my 16-50mm is away with the repairer.
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Dingo
Posted 17/01/2016 - 06:31 - Helpful Comment Link
cardiffgareth wrote:
as I'm looking to pay £140 for one. It could be a no go price wise but you never know who's looking to sell quickly.

Ouch............. but Karma has a way to address Capitalist Monsters!!
Edited by Dingo: 17/01/2016 - 06:32
Daronl
Posted 17/01/2016 - 07:31 Link
haha!,

Similar story for me, just looking for a "stop gap lens" one day as I was going on an extended business trip to Asia; then along came this little gem and gradually it became attached to me; and the 16-50 & 50-135 DA* zooms, as good as they are, are now little used since the 18-135 quietly shunted them into a dark cupboard, only to be brought out for very particular shooting occasions.

Suddenly my 16-50 and 50-135 felt big, bulky and not so uniquely impressive as regards IQ, the dimunitive DA 18-135 is capable of much more than convenience and "pocketability " as you will discover, and you never have to "wake it up" like is sometimes necessary to with the DA*s either.

Looking at your super portfolio, Cardiff Gareth, I think you mighy fall into the danger of becoming besotted by this now indispensable, little companion; there's more chance of me leaving the house without my shoes than leaving this behind.

I recently bought a SH K3,to permanently attach it to and they are housed in a neoprene stretch case, always at hand.; so good luck with the "stop gap plan".

Daronl(Swansea)

Regards

SwanseaDaron

cardiffgareth wrote:
I see there are a few for sale on here at the mo but I don't want to reply to all the posts as I'm looking to pay £140 for one. It could be a no go price wise but you never know who's looking to sell quickly.

I'm only looking to buy one as a stop gap whilst my 16-50mm is away with the repairer.

Daronl
K30git
Posted 17/01/2016 - 11:17 Link
Hey Gareth I'd love to help you out but thats way lower than the going rate and I'm not in any great hurry. At some point it will go for around what I'm asking and if I put it on the bay (where I have excellent feedback) people will end up paying somewhat more. I figure its best for all us Pentax people to try and sell here first. The lens is in top form and I could have it to you by Tuesday RMSD if we could agree a price. As the poster above says your gallery is most impressive.

Cheers

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.