WTB K3 Mark III
Posted 14/09/2023 - 15:32
Link
Thanks, pm replied
Posted 15/09/2023 - 02:54
Link
Following this also…
There have been some discounts on new but not sure how many have been purchased overall and how stocked the second hand market is on this model yet.
There have been some discounts on new but not sure how many have been purchased overall and how stocked the second hand market is on this model yet.
Posted 15/09/2023 - 07:43
Link
This is the only used one I can find for sale apart from one at Wex which is inexplicably more expensive than a new one.
https://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Used/Pentax-K3-III-(%3C-50-Shots)_381677.html
https://www.lcegroup.co.uk/Used/Pentax-K3-III-(%3C-50-Shots)_381677.html
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Posted 15/09/2023 - 08:37
Link
There are a few on the usual auction site.
Steve
Steve
Posted 15/09/2023 - 12:04
Link
MPB still have one for £1249. (I've just checked). I got one from them last week for the same price and is in best condition. I see from Pentax Forums database that mine was originally purchased by Malfis!
Posted 16/09/2023 - 06:19
Link
Thanks for all the replies, some good options there.
Posted 17/09/2023 - 11:42
Link
This ended up in a slightly different direction.
I had a couple of tempting used options and also was tracking the warehouse and new prices on Amazon. As of this morning there was a new silver K3 iii on Amazon for only £1275, now it’s gone back up to £1599, it certainly pays to keep track of the intraday and interday variations!
I’ve just ordered a used Pentax KP instead, figuring that I value the compactness and tilting screen and significant (> 50%) price saving more than the potential advantages of the K3iii for my typical usage of travel and annoying the dog.
I think my trusty old K5iis will continue to serve me well for landscape and outdoor etc., making the best use of its excellent dynamic range. The KP is small enough to stick a prime or my Pentax-F 35-70 on and keep with me at all times. Let’s see how it goes.
I’ll probably upgrade the K5iis to a K3iii or K1ii in another year or two, with the optimistic assumption that prices remain stable or even reduce slightly.
Thanks to all who contributed.
I had a couple of tempting used options and also was tracking the warehouse and new prices on Amazon. As of this morning there was a new silver K3 iii on Amazon for only £1275, now it’s gone back up to £1599, it certainly pays to keep track of the intraday and interday variations!
I’ve just ordered a used Pentax KP instead, figuring that I value the compactness and tilting screen and significant (> 50%) price saving more than the potential advantages of the K3iii for my typical usage of travel and annoying the dog.
I think my trusty old K5iis will continue to serve me well for landscape and outdoor etc., making the best use of its excellent dynamic range. The KP is small enough to stick a prime or my Pentax-F 35-70 on and keep with me at all times. Let’s see how it goes.
I’ll probably upgrade the K5iis to a K3iii or K1ii in another year or two, with the optimistic assumption that prices remain stable or even reduce slightly.
Thanks to all who contributed.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


215 posts
18 years
Ludwigsburg,
Germany
I‘m travelling over to the UK in a couple of weeks so would be looking for postage within the UK (to family), pick up in the NW England or pick up in N Wales.
A week staying in the Llyn peninsular seems like a good reason to invest in a 2nd body to complement my trusty K5IIs.