WTB: portrait lens (77 or 85mm)

Oostal
Posted 29/04/2011 - 21:50 Link
Looking for a fast portrait lens. If you have something like this lying on the shelf and would rather use a bit of cash, send me a message! I am in particular interested in the Zeiss Planar T 85mm, any of the f1.4 Pentax 85mm lenses or Pentax 77mm.

Thanks a lot!
karma mechanic
Posted 29/04/2011 - 22:37 Link
If manual focus is ok then don't forget the Samyang 85mm, available new and cheaply and with a number of fans on here including myself. About a fifth of the price of the Zeiss
My own website is www.richardgaddphotography.com

Also on 500px
Oostal
Posted 29/04/2011 - 22:50 Link
Thanks! Will look into it. I usually shoot macro and landscape. Yet now I was invited to take photos in a couple of large parties and need get a descent portrait lens.
Opethian
Posted 01/05/2011 - 14:09 Link
I second the Samyang lens! Currently my favourite. It's helped me get accustomed to manual focusing, although still a long way from catching moving objects/people.
Oostal
Posted 03/05/2011 - 17:04 Link
Thanks for all the advice. I got a used copy of the legendary FA 77. Supposedly in excellent condition. Can't wait for the delivery! After all, this was one of the lenses that made me switch from Nikon to Pentax a few years ago.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo