Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

WTB: Pentax MX in black

BarneyL
Posted 27/06/2019 - 18:10 Link
Lately I've been shooting quite a bit of analog with my K1000. While it's certainly a great camera and an emobidment of 'simplicty is divinity' phrase, I'd like to try my hands on something more advanced. Or at least having DOF preview, aperture number visible in VF and a shutter button lock .

Would love to get an LX, but I'm afraid I can't drop that much money they are going for. So I'm thinking about MX. Small, but with big VF and quite a lot of features. Preferably in black, because reasons.

Doesn't have to be cosmetically super mint+++++ whatever. I do care about good shutter times, accurate lightmeter plus reasonable state of mirror dumper and light seals. Would be awesome if serviced not long ago. I don't need a lens, but will certainly consider spare focusing screens and a winder

I prefer sale within EU if possible (I'm based in Poland).

Best regards
K-3 II, DA 16-85, DA 55-300 PLM, FA 43, D-FA 100mm WR, few S-M-C Takumars
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 28/06/2019 - 08:49 Link
The MX is certainly an upgrade from the K1000 and the black ones are gorgeous (I just bought one myself, from someone on this forum).
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
davidwozhere
Posted 29/06/2019 - 01:10 Link
Not black I'm afraid, but I have one in working order (self timer is inoperative). New battery, accurate meter, film through it a month ago. Pleasure to use.

Index sheet from scanned negatives.
Comment Image

Standard res scans from the film processing company.
Comment Image

Comment Image

Lens is an SMC Pentax-A f2, 50mm
PM if it is of interest to you.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
BarneyL
Posted 23/07/2019 - 20:41 Link
Still lookin'
K-3 II, DA 16-85, DA 55-300 PLM, FA 43, D-FA 100mm WR, few S-M-C Takumars
davidwozhere
Posted 25/07/2019 - 01:15 Link
Still got it !
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
womble
Posted 25/07/2019 - 23:11 Link
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.