WTB: Pentax 12 - 24 DA F4

wvbarnes
Posted 09/08/2015 - 15:56 Link
Hi, Having owned one of the old Sigma wide zooms in the past I'm thinking of buying a Pentax 12 - 24 DA F4. New they are at time of writing £699 on SRS and amazingly £509 from Microglobe. I've seen one used at a dealer for £469. Anyone have a tidy one they'd like to sell? UK members only please. i can pay by Bank Transfer. Do message me on here. If I hear nothing I'll probably go the Microglobe route after a week.
davidstorm
Posted 09/08/2015 - 21:10 Link
It's worth considering a good used example too, especially the Samsung version of this lens which usually sells for less and is every bit as good as the Pentax one. The cosmetics are a bit different, but the optics are the same, it's a great lens.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
wvbarnes
Posted 09/08/2015 - 22:22 Link
Thanks David, I've been waiting patiently for them to do a similar collaboration with Tokina based on a newer motorised lens but it hasn't happened. I could go for the Sigma 10 20 F3.5 on cashback still it seems (very confusing advert for dates on SRS) but I like the Pentax 24mm narrow end. Less lens swapping I reckon.

Yes, I'd take the Samsung K mount version at right price. Made in same factory I gather despite the (Schneider-Kreuznach ) labelling.
Edited by wvbarnes: 09/08/2015 - 22:23
DrOrloff
Posted 10/08/2015 - 14:20 Link
I have a nice, minty one in the classifieds.

It's a very good lens and amongst my most used (not the one for sale, my other one). Very good for someone as meticulous as I am with very good corners and edges and well controlled lens distortions. Personally I prefer 24mm over 20mm too.

I am now a UK member.

Some recent 12-24 images:

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image
Edited by DrOrloff: 10/08/2015 - 14:22
wvbarnes
Posted 10/08/2015 - 14:28 Link
Thanks Adrian (DrOrloff) , I now realise I replied to you back in March but said I had no spare funds then (having bought a K3). I'll private message you in a moment.
wvbarnes
Posted 10/08/2015 - 14:35 Link
PM sent.
wvbarnes
Posted 10/08/2015 - 21:17 Link
Pleased to report that a deal in progress with DrOrloff (Adrian)
wvbarnes
Posted 11/08/2015 - 16:53 Link
Purchase made from DrOrloff. Thanks Adrian for your patience. Four and a half months after I commented I'd like to buy it but no funds then
wvbarnes
Posted 13/08/2015 - 11:43 Link
Lens arrived. mint as new. Thanks DrOrloff (Adrian). Sorry it took so long to buy off you
DrOrloff
Posted 13/08/2015 - 12:07 Link
I forgive you. I'm sure you'll make great use of it.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo