WTB: A base section to a 360FGZ or 36PZF

Snootchies

Link Posted 20/06/2013 - 09:41
Hi folks, just wondered if anyone out there had a faulty/damaged 360FGZ or 36PZF flash with the base section (the part which fixes to the hot shoe) still intact?

My flashgun unfortunately clipped a wall and the base section was ripped open. The flash still works, but I can't use it on camera. I could easily replace the base section (all you need is a mini screwdriver).

Best case scenario I thought would be if someone out there has one of these flashguns suffering from the common battery door issue. I'll happily buy that and cannibalise it for the base. Saves me forking out of a completely new one.
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link

Gamka

Link Posted 20/06/2013 - 10:02
Have you contacted Johnsons the Pentax authorised repairer to see if they can supply one?

I went to collect a new 360FGZ from SRS one day - ready and waiting in a new box. I decided to check it before leaving and the base was broken off! Is it a fairly common problem?

Snootchies

Link Posted 20/06/2013 - 10:06
Gamka wrote:
Have you contacted Johnsons the Pentax authorised repairer to see if they can supply one?

That's a great idea. I'll do that.

Not sure how common a problem this is - it happened to me due to a simple accident, my own fault.
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link
Last Edited by Snootchies on 20/06/2013 - 10:07

Gamka

Link Posted 20/06/2013 - 10:23
Whilst it may have been your own fault, I'm sure I have heard of other cases and it always looks a little flimsy to me.

stevo

Link Posted 20/06/2013 - 16:26
This happened to me a few years back and I ended up aralditing the base back together.

It does seem quite flimsy, but I can't blame poor construction - it was entirely my own fault!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.