WTB: 8 or 10mm fish eye
Posted 13/06/2017 - 14:43
Link
I'm not aware of any full frame 8mm. The Samyang is APS-C. The FF Samyang fish-eye is 12mm.
John K
Posted 13/06/2017 - 15:30
Link
oh, stupid me, ok I guess 12mm is good enough. I am not sure what to expect from a fish eye
Also thank you to make me notice that I am looking for a FF fish eye
Also thank you to make me notice that I am looking for a FF fish eye
Posted 13/06/2017 - 16:12
Link
Have you tried the DA 10-17 fisheye lens?
It's a good one for image quality.
Alternatively, you can buy a Pentax Q and kit zoom with a Fisheye lens for around £150. The fisheye toy lens is excellent for what it does.
It's a good one for image quality.
Alternatively, you can buy a Pentax Q and kit zoom with a Fisheye lens for around £150. The fisheye toy lens is excellent for what it does.
All the gear with no idea
Posted 13/06/2017 - 16:48
Link
If you're not sure whether a fish-eye is for you, purchase that adapter I linked to the other day in your other thread which was only £10-20. Served me for years when I couldn't afford a proper fish-eye. It effectively does the same job.
As I've still got it I can take and upload some images from the K-1 with it if you wish. If so let me know which standard lens you use as I'll try and replicate your own set-up.
As I've still got it I can take and upload some images from the K-1 with it if you wish. If so let me know which standard lens you use as I'll try and replicate your own set-up.
John K
Posted 13/06/2017 - 17:38
Link
JAK I will PM you
Posted 13/06/2017 - 19:28
Link
HarisF1 wrote:
Have you tried the DA 10-17 fisheye lens?
It's a good one for image quality.
Alternatively, you can buy a Pentax Q and kit zoom with a Fisheye lens for around £150. The fisheye toy lens is excellent for what it does.
sorry I was looking for a FF lens, even if the 10-17 works on FF it's still expensive. I had the pentax Q and I had some fun with the fish eye toy. Quality was too low tho.
Have you tried the DA 10-17 fisheye lens?
It's a good one for image quality.
Alternatively, you can buy a Pentax Q and kit zoom with a Fisheye lens for around £150. The fisheye toy lens is excellent for what it does.
Posted 13/06/2017 - 19:32
Link
I'd rather reply here so others who are interested can follow the thread.
The adapter screws on like a large filter to the front of the lens.
1. This is a photo using a 50mm lens without the adapter:

2. The 50mm lens with the adapter:

3. A 35mm lens with the adapter:

A 28mm lens would give a complete circle, anything wider would give smaller complete circle!
Edit:
A real fish-eye, the Samyang 12mm:

The adapter screws on like a large filter to the front of the lens.
1. This is a photo using a 50mm lens without the adapter:

2. The 50mm lens with the adapter:

3. A 35mm lens with the adapter:

A 28mm lens would give a complete circle, anything wider would give smaller complete circle!
Edit:
A real fish-eye, the Samyang 12mm:

John K
Posted 13/06/2017 - 19:43
Link
thanks Jak, it's quite interesting!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


597 posts
14 years
Southsea