Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Wrist strap - with additional securing clip

ChrisA
Posted 01/06/2014 - 15:11 Link
For quite a few years I've used one of these in preference to a neck strap.

Some of the ones on eBay are better than nothing, but the hand can still slip out.

However, the type I've got has an additional webbing strap that goes round the wrist and makes it impossible to drop the camera. Mine is starting to wear out, and I was a bit concerned they wouldn't be available, since only the not-so-good ones were available for quite a long time.

However, they're back - there are others like it, but I've just ordered two of these.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
Northgrain
Posted 01/06/2014 - 15:25 Link
Thanks Chris. I've been thinking of trying some sort of wrist strap for a while now. I'll give this one a go
ChrisA
Posted 01/06/2014 - 15:30 Link
No probs... however, I noticed that I stupidly ordered ones advertised in "new other" condition. They're probably ok, but who knows.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
CMW
Posted 01/06/2014 - 15:50 Link
They are good, but in the end I gave up on them since I use a tripod as often as I hand-hold, and having to detach the tripod quick-release plate (which is normally always attached to my camera) in order to fix the wrist strap securely was a faff too far. But if you normally hand-hold, the straps are great.
Regards, Christopher

ChristopherWheelerPhotography
drobbia
Posted 01/06/2014 - 16:42 Link
I've switched to the BlackRapid wrist strap and it works perfectly for daily hand held usage. The neck strap gets to be a burden a few hours of lugging a IIs with a battery pack. It's a pricey strap but best for me on market so far. tg
"It's not what you look at that's important, it's what you see" - Thoreau
Quote:

drobbia
Posted 01/06/2014 - 16:44 Link
Bought one a couple tears ago and the weak link is tat one connector strap can break (mine did) I've switched to BlackRapid and feel more confident with this system..tg
ChrisA wrote:
For quite a few years I've used one of these in preference to a neck strap.

Some of the ones on eBay are better than nothing, but the hand can still slip out.

However, the type I've got has an additional webbing strap that goes round the wrist and makes it impossible to drop the camera. Mine is starting to wear out, and I was a bit concerned they wouldn't be available, since only the not-so-good ones were available for quite a long time.

However, they're back - there are others like it, but I've just ordered two of these.

"It's not what you look at that's important, it's what you see" - Thoreau
Quote:

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.