Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Worlds first auto-focus SLR

pschlute
Posted 14/07/2018 - 16:40 Link
i have been after one of these for a while for my collection. This one is in tip-top condition and everything works. Just got to run some film through it, then complain about how bad the AF is !

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
Algernon
Posted 14/07/2018 - 17:56 - Helpful Comment Link
I bought one new when they came out. Didn't use the 35-70mm much due to the weight, but the FOCUS leds were great with a manual lens. Even told you which way to turn the lens. Best focusing of any manual Pentax because you didn't need much to focus on it could focus on soil or grass easily.

There is a push-on rubber lens hood for the lens, but hard to obtain. They probably all fell off and got lost. It did give you a bit more to grip for MF.

The lens isn't bad wide open.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Edited by Algernon: 14/07/2018 - 17:58
johnha
Posted 15/07/2018 - 23:08 Link
I've got two bodies (AF works on one) and two lenses (AF used to work on both but ones stopped working). Haven't used them in anger (the camera battery door is almost impossible to open) but seeing the AF drive the lens to perfect focus on the spit-image is a bit eerie - even if it is a bit slow.
pschlute
Posted 15/07/2018 - 23:29 Link
johnha wrote:
the camera battery door is almost impossible to open

Same problem with this one, and apparently a common fault with the ME-F. My solution was to just loosen the two closest baseplate screws about 3/4 turn and the door pops open easily.

Make sure you use JIS screwdrivers to avoid damaging the heads.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.