Woodpecker and Pheasant
Posted 09/05/2014 - 12:43
Link
Great pictures especially given the range. I'd fancy that on a rifle stock with bipod!
Steve
Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?
Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?
Posted 09/05/2014 - 12:47
Link
Hi John. How about a photo of the lens and a price???
CHEERS Vic.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Posted 09/05/2014 - 13:00
Link
Excellent and then I looked up the price of a new one, ouch!
Posted 09/05/2014 - 13:38
Link
I'll offer it here first Vic, I've been thinking about the various possibilities with this one. As it's so unique (one of six made I'm told) I'm sure PU members deserve first refusal.
Price to be decided yet, but I'll post something soon.
Price to be decided yet, but I'll post something soon.
Best regards, John
Posted 09/05/2014 - 15:11
Link
That Pheasant is a great image
Posted 09/05/2014 - 16:28
Link
That pheasant is a great poser, going round the small lake endlessly and obligingly stopping at all the right places.
He looks to me as though he's just spotted me shooting his picture. Either that or he was shocked to see that lens in Pentax fit!
He looks to me as though he's just spotted me shooting his picture. Either that or he was shocked to see that lens in Pentax fit!
Best regards, John
Posted 09/05/2014 - 16:57
Link
That's one hard pheasant
Great images.
Great images.
Posted 09/05/2014 - 22:31
Link
johnriley wrote:
I'll offer it here first Vic, I've been thinking about the various possibilities with this one. As it's so unique (one of six made I'm told) I'm sure PU members deserve first refusal.
Price to be decided yet, but I'll post something soon.
Out of curiosity, how does the lens differ from the current Sigma F4.5 500mm like this one http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/5266/Sigma-500mm-F4-5-APO-EX-DG-Lens---Pentax-F...
I'll offer it here first Vic, I've been thinking about the various possibilities with this one. As it's so unique (one of six made I'm told) I'm sure PU members deserve first refusal.
Price to be decided yet, but I'll post something soon.
Posted 09/05/2014 - 23:34
Link
I don't think there's much difference but the coatings may have been upgraded. With the huge lens hood provided flare was not a problem anyway.
Best regards, John
Posted 10/05/2014 - 07:27
Link
Love the pheasant shot. Facebook has grumpy cat, now it could have grumpy pheasant.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 10/05/2014 - 07:29
Link
They're terrific, I thought from the title I was going to see a pub!
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 10/05/2014 - 08:24
Link
If it's as rare as that John then I don't think my pension will stretch to what you may be asking for it. Not only that but my wife would give me a swift clip around the ear. We can all only wait and see.
CHEERS Vic.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Posted 10/05/2014 - 12:15
Link
Only 6 made wow and we wonder why there is so few long fast glass made for pentax.
love the pheasant shot too
love the pheasant shot too
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Posted 10/05/2014 - 14:44
Link
I think quite a few long lenses for all marques are actually made to order.
Best regards, John
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


24425 posts
24 years
Tyldesley,
Manchester
I like these two shots in particular and the rest are on my EPZ blog.
Shots were with the K-5, at the Janet Kear hide at Martin Mere.