Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

WizzAir!

cardiffgareth
Posted 08/03/2021 - 10:47 Link
We had 4 WizzAir Airbus A321's come into the airport as part of a publicity stunt to kick start their campaign to use CWL as a base for new departures. Over other areas of South Wales the 4 came together and flew in a formation but over the airport only 2 came together, although all 4 came together to land but one after the other. They ran a competition for the best image so of course everyone was out. Luckily I was local to where I was and, as they'd go on my website for sale and be sent to Alamy news, was technically working so when the police arrived I was safe of a covid fine.

All taken with the K1 and Sigma 50-500mm. As you can see, we had some cloud cover over the airport which I think may have worked to my advantage to make the images more appealing than a plane on a blue backdrop.

Comment Image
WizzAir by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
womble
Posted 09/03/2021 - 07:55 - Helpful Comment Link
I like the last one best. I think having some space around the plane helps the composition.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
cardiffgareth
Posted 10/03/2021 - 18:24 Link
Cheers Kris
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Sry
Posted 10/03/2021 - 21:57 Link
The clouds make these special, especially the b+w - brings out a ghostly character to the planes. As for their choice of colours - well, let's just say I don't share Wizzair's taste!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.