wireless flash trigger
Posted 20/07/2013 - 20:43
Link
I would get some Aputure triggers, available on Amazon for very reasonable money. They are superb and work up to 120 metres away.
Regards
David
Regards
David
Posted 21/07/2013 - 02:30
Link
I use the S1 option and fire via on board flash on the mkii versions, I assume you can on the mkiii.
Shot over 500 shots like that today at a wedding where I set up a booth. The mkii never missed once.
Shot over 500 shots like that today at a wedding where I set up a booth. The mkii never missed once.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Posted 06/08/2013 - 18:50
Link
Thought I'd bump this thread as it hasn't really been answered and i'm going the same way, YN560III speedlites flashguns..........
Compatible(known to be) wireless devices for these flashguns, compatible with Pentax KR and may I add my Pentax K20D.
S1 option good, but as far as I'm aware doesn't work through walls, round corners......
Compatible(known to be) wireless devices for these flashguns, compatible with Pentax KR and may I add my Pentax K20D.
S1 option good, but as far as I'm aware doesn't work through walls, round corners......
My Flickr Photostream
link
Pentax K3,Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM,Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG,SMC Pentax-DA* 300mm F4 ED [IF] SDM
link
Pentax K3,Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM,Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG,SMC Pentax-DA* 300mm F4 ED [IF] SDM
Posted 06/08/2013 - 18:59
Link
I use YN560's with some crappy wireless triggers (Wansen - black with a red bit for the channel swtches) from ebay or might have been Amazon, all manual control of course but not an issue I'm always going around moving the flashes around anyway.
Don't worry about brand names too much, just order them, they'll work.
Don't worry about brand names too much, just order them, they'll work.
Pentax pour des images riches en détails!
Posted 07/08/2013 - 00:56
Link
Mine have the brand name 'Nice' emblazoned across them in embarrassing swirly font. But I believe they're the same as Wansen. A 'does what it says on the tin' kind of item, I'm fairly happy with them. I don't think compatability is much of an issue with these triggers. They just have the basic center pin hotshoe contact so are pretty generic.
Posted 10/08/2013 - 17:58
Link
balsembi wrote:
Hi all, would appreciate a little advice from you wonderful pentax people.
I have a pentax kr and have just received 2 YN560III speedlites flashguns.
I now need to order the wireless triggers. problem is, im not sure which ones will fit the kr, will the Yongnuo RF-603 C1 be compatible?
if not, can anyone recommend a pair?
thank you so much
Would it be possible to let me know where you got you YN560III speedlites from?Hi all, would appreciate a little advice from you wonderful pentax people.
I have a pentax kr and have just received 2 YN560III speedlites flashguns.
I now need to order the wireless triggers. problem is, im not sure which ones will fit the kr, will the Yongnuo RF-603 C1 be compatible?
if not, can anyone recommend a pair?
thank you so much
Thanks
My Flickr Photostream
link
Pentax K3,Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM,Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG,SMC Pentax-DA* 300mm F4 ED [IF] SDM
link
Pentax K3,Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM,Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG,SMC Pentax-DA* 300mm F4 ED [IF] SDM
Posted 15/08/2013 - 01:36
Link
PaulR wrote:
Thanks
hi, yes...I bought them off amazon!
balsembi wrote:
Hi all, would appreciate a little advice from you wonderful pentax people.
I have a pentax kr and have just received 2 YN560III speedlites flashguns.
I now need to order the wireless triggers. problem is, im not sure which ones will fit the kr, will the Yongnuo RF-603 C1 be compatible?
if not, can anyone recommend a pair?
thank you so much
Would it be possible to let me know where you got you YN560III speedlites from?Hi all, would appreciate a little advice from you wonderful pentax people.
I have a pentax kr and have just received 2 YN560III speedlites flashguns.
I now need to order the wireless triggers. problem is, im not sure which ones will fit the kr, will the Yongnuo RF-603 C1 be compatible?
if not, can anyone recommend a pair?
thank you so much
Thanks
Pentax K3 Pentax SMC-FA 50mm 1.4
Pentax Kr Pentax SMC D FA 100mm F2.8 Macro
SMC DAL 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA 18-270mm F3.5-6.3
SMC DAL 55-300mm Pentax DA 15mm HD F4ED AL
SMC Pentax-M 1:2.8 28mm
Pentax Kr Pentax SMC D FA 100mm F2.8 Macro
SMC DAL 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA 18-270mm F3.5-6.3
SMC DAL 55-300mm Pentax DA 15mm HD F4ED AL
SMC Pentax-M 1:2.8 28mm
Posted 16/08/2013 - 07:37
Link
I use Bowens Pulsars, not cheap at all but I know I can rely on them.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 13/09/2013 - 14:46
Link
Davidstorm - which particular Aperture triggers are you using? I'd like to make sure they are Pentax compatible. The same goes for the Yongnuo brand - the ads on Amazon never mention Pentax just Canonikon. Thanks for any help you can give - it could save me ££
Posted 13/09/2013 - 14:50
Link
Hi Stephen,
I've purchased mine using Link Delight in China, just google them or search via fleabay,
I've purchased mine using Link Delight in China, just google them or search via fleabay,
Chris
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Posted 13/09/2013 - 20:44
Link
stephenparfitt wrote:
Davidstorm - which particular Aperture triggers are you using? I'd like to make sure they are Pentax compatible. The same goes for the Yongnuo brand - the ads on Amazon never mention Pentax just Canonikon. Thanks for any help you can give - it could save me ££
Here is a link for you to Amazon:Davidstorm - which particular Aperture triggers are you using? I'd like to make sure they are Pentax compatible. The same goes for the Yongnuo brand - the ads on Amazon never mention Pentax just Canonikon. Thanks for any help you can give - it could save me ££
link
Regards
David
Posted 18/11/2013 - 11:34
Link
Hi, rather I looked at this thread and on the advice I bought a Trigmaster II setup and it's worked really well. Thanks for that! I'd like to get second flash and trigger that from the Trigmaster transmitter as a slave. Can anyone give me advice on what I need to get. I can't see just receivers for sale from Amazon - or I'm not looking properly. I'm very new to flash work and I'm wary about creating a problem.
Many thanks
Rod
Many thanks
Rod
Great photography is always on the edge of failure. - Garry Winogrand
Must stop myself falling over that edge all the time!
My Flickr
Must stop myself falling over that edge all the time!
My Flickr
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


79 posts
15 years
I have a pentax kr and have just received 2 YN560III speedlites flashguns.
I now need to order the wireless triggers. problem is, im not sure which ones will fit the kr, will the Yongnuo RF-603 C1 be compatible?
if not, can anyone recommend a pair?
thank you so much
Pentax Kr Pentax SMC D FA 100mm F2.8 Macro
SMC DAL 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA 18-270mm F3.5-6.3
SMC DAL 55-300mm Pentax DA 15mm HD F4ED AL
SMC Pentax-M 1:2.8 28mm