Wireless Controlled Shutter(s)

Snapper

Link Posted 11/01/2007 - 11:34
I am interested in the Seculine R2-UT wireless controlled shutter release but why do they always seem to only work for 'self portraits'
I would be greatly interested if not only from a front censor, but additional one in the rear casing, or of a small fitting attached to the external flash bracket, self portraits are great, but I like to photograph the wildlife in my back garden but unfortunately there is no means of being hidden so as to take a candid of them....and no, , a hide is not a option.

Kind regards to you all

John (Snapper)

McBrian

Link Posted 11/01/2007 - 11:44
Hi John

Fortunately the innovators at Pentax thought this one out too and included a rear sensor for remote control F in the K10D, works great both front and the rear plus you can set the K10D to auto focus/no auto focus when you press the button.
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.

Gwyn

Link Posted 11/01/2007 - 12:03
McBrian wrote:
Hi John

Fortunately the innovators at Pentax thought this one out too and included a rear sensor for remote control F in the K10D, works great both front and the rear plus you can set the K10D to auto focus/no auto focus when you press the button.

Another good reason to get the K10D

Snapper

Link Posted 11/01/2007 - 12:15
Greetings Brian and thanks for a quick posting.
I must say that is great news for first time buyers but regretfully I cannot afford to upgrade, although I did raise this same subject when I bought the remote control cable some time early last year.

Anyway I'm pleased someone has taken note of the subject, although I doubt if it was from my words..

I remember when I used to use my spotmatic II back in the mid 60's (to which incidently, I still own) where one had a rubber airbag attached to some 30 feet of rubber tubing to which was attached to the trigger plunger by a small screw coupling, fantastic..ok, sometimes the cable was a little bit of a nuisance..but it's like the old saying -- those were the days.

Thanks again
John

MattMatic

Link Posted 11/01/2007 - 12:20
If you've got one of the *ist-D series (or K10D for that matter), then you can extend the remote by cable. I bought a 2.5mm stereo headphone extension cable for next to nothing

You just need a CS-205 or equivalent to trigger.

EDIT: Just looked up that wireless transmitter - it also has a 2.5mm socket so you can connect directly into the *ist-D, as well as use the infrared.

Matt

Daniel Bridge

Link Posted 11/01/2007 - 12:26
Hi John,

What SLR are you using? With any of the Pentax DSLR's you can use a wired remote release over long distances (mine's about 85 feet long - see the post here about that subject).

I prefer a wired remote as you can cover the camera, either for camouflage or protection, handy in both respects when shooting wildlife, you don't want a bird to poo on your pride and joy...

(This was the set-up I used to get the mouse shot on the other thread - the above pic was taken from my lounge window, whilst I was waiting for the mouse)

Dan

viewfinder

Link Posted 11/01/2007 - 17:05
Electrical triggering of remote cameras and even remote panning etc is easier an dcheaper now than ever before due to the technology being cheaply available off the shelf in various guises

There are many sites on the web here is just one;

http://www.camerahacker.com/directory/Hacks.shtml

Personally, for use in the garden a 'steam age' pneumatic release as mentioned is as good/cheap/simple/easy/convenient/reliable/quick/etc as it gets.....
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.