Windows Live Messenger 9

hkwiles
Posted 07/11/2009 - 14:16 Link
Anyone else use windows messenger ? I use it allthe time ....or did ! until yesterday. Tried to log in and was presented with a request to update to version 9. Option to say NO but it isnt allowed !!. After trying half a dozen times unsuccessfully to load the program I am now left with zilch. restoring always comes up with same request when loging in. I get the error message 8000404 every time.

Good Owd Microsoft

"How to Lose Friends and Piss People Off" out now in paperback.

Howard
Body: K7 of course !!
Lenses: DA18-55WR,DA50-200WR,FA50-1.4
Anvh
Posted 07/11/2009 - 14:28 Link
Well they wanted to lose the older version so that they can concentrate on going forward instead of making everything compatible for the older ones.

I've v9 for quite a lot now without problems, maybe reinstalling it might help?
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
hkwiles
Posted 07/11/2009 - 14:47 Link
I have tried several "fixes" all to no avail and uninstalled several times , still the same result. It appears I am not alone reading the various forums. I do still have a version 4 which is antiquated but appears to still function but I am still "well pissed off"

Howard
Body: K7 of course !!
Lenses: DA18-55WR,DA50-200WR,FA50-1.4
Edited by hkwiles: 07/11/2009 - 15:05
Anvh
Posted 07/11/2009 - 14:51 Link
What OS do you use?
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
hkwiles
Posted 07/11/2009 - 15:25 Link
Using Windows XP Home version .

Howard
Body: K7 of course !!
Lenses: DA18-55WR,DA50-200WR,FA50-1.4
K10D
Posted 07/11/2009 - 15:52 Link
hkwiles wrote:


"How to Lose Friends and Piss People Off" out now in paperback.

Howard
May have to borrow that one. Had a chuckle at it...

Regards
Too far from a shore.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo