Window Reflection

MrB

Link Posted 31/08/2021 - 23:04
While wandering around an old Bedfordshire church last Saturday, this caught my eye - the partial reflection of a stained glass window in the glass front of a wooden cabinet on the adjacent wall. It wasn't an easy shot as there were lots of chairs stacked in front (the remainder being socially distanced in the nave), and I had only the kit lens (18-55 WR) on the KP. I used live view and reached out above the chairs in an attempt get a reasonable composition.

KP in Av Mode; Lens at 55mm; ISO 1250; 1/15s at f/8 -2EV; adjustments and crop in PaintShop Pro. Any comments welcome.

Philip

davidwozhere

Link Posted 31/08/2021 - 23:22
Given the constraints it's an excellent composition.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Helpful

Lubbyman

Link Posted 01/09/2021 - 07:50
Really good. Love the little face below the jug, it complements the halos/heads in the reflection nicely. Well worth the struggle to get the composition.

Just a minor niggle - a small rotation anticlockwise, please, to make the corner of the walls vertical. My eyes seem to be rather sensitive to that sort of thing.

Steve

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 02/09/2021 - 09:43
I think it works well
Peter

My Flickr page

Helpful

Chrism8

Link Posted 02/09/2021 - 14:12
Lubbyman wrote:
Really good. Love the little face below the jug, it complements the halos/heads in the reflection nicely. Well worth the struggle to get the composition.

Just a minor niggle - a small rotation anticlockwise, please, to make the corner of the walls vertical. My eyes seem to be rather sensitive to that sort of thing.

Steve

+1 for me as well, agree with Steve
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8

Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8

K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM

Helpful

Sry

Link Posted 02/09/2021 - 21:35
Like this very much Philip, right up my alley.
Lubbyman wrote:

Just a minor niggle - a small rotation anticlockwise, please, to make the corner of the walls vertical.

Seems like a case of choosing between a vertical wall or a vertical right side of the cabinet?

Helpful

MrB

Link Posted 02/09/2021 - 22:33
Thanks to you all for your helpful comments, particularly regarding the corner of the wall.

Sry wrote:

Seems like a case of choosing between a vertical wall or a vertical right side of the cabinet?

I think this can be corrected in PaintShop Pro. Is this acceptable? :-

Philip

Lubbyman

Link Posted 02/09/2021 - 22:46
Most definitely acceptable!

Steve

Helpful

redbusa99

Link Posted 03/09/2021 - 11:07
Excellent shot and well spotted, small Churches are not the easiest of subjects usually due to lack of light and 20th century items in the way in an 11th-12th century building
K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr

Helpful

LennyBloke

Link Posted 03/09/2021 - 12:14
Well spotted, composed and exposed - simple
LennyBloke

Helpful
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.