WIn98 drivers for a pentax optio 33LF

Anonymous
Posted 15/06/2004 - 21:21 Link
I have just brought a Pentax Optio 33LF, and it wasn't until I went to download my pics onto my computer that I found out it wasn't win98 compatible. Does anyone know how I can found a driver so that I can read what is on the camera/card, without getting a card reader, thanks.
Anonymous
Posted 17/06/2004 - 10:22 Link
me too
dunno what to do...
send it back to amazon or what?
the amazon site said it was compatible with win 98 but it clearly isn't
surely usb drivers are simple to write???
it utterly pathetic that it seems that noone at pentax can program code
fuji can do it
olympus can do it
maybe they're out of their depth with digitals?
i'd have thought at least 10-25% of people were still on win98se or earlier?
especialy on older machines?
Anonymous
Posted 18/06/2004 - 16:10 Link
kept the camera
installed XP
it was probably about time, but what the **** are pentax playing at?
it's so ameteurish
there seems to be digital copy of the manual too
again, very ameteurish
camera's nice tho
eats batteries
George Lazarette
Posted 20/06/2004 - 10:45 Link
To be fair to Pentax, they do say that the camera is not compatible with Win 98.

If you buy a card reader, you can download the images without upgrading your operating system.

I personally never use the bundled software for downloading images. All you need is a little batch file like this:

move G:dcim100pentx*.* D:Newpics

This will move any file in G:dcim100pentx (which is the path to my images on the card) to my picture folder, D:Newpics.

All you have to do is change the paths to what works on your computer/camera combination and save the file as a text file called anyname.bat (it's the ".bat" that matters).

Then click on the icon for the file and watch your pics download. Much quicker than waiting for the Pentax download software to fire up.

Just one point. My Fuji camera has to reformat the card if I delete all the pictures on it in the computer (which is what happens when you use "Move"). So for the Fuji I use "Copy" instead of "Move", and delete in-camera. I don't know how the Pentax P&S digitals work, but "Move" is fine with the *ist D.
Anonymous
Posted 10/12/2004 - 15:07 Link
Quote:
me too
dunno what to do...
send it back to amazon or what?
the amazon site said it was compatible with win 98 but it clearly isn't
surely usb drivers are simple to write???
it utterly pathetic that it seems that noone at pentax can program code
fuji can do it
olympus can do it
maybe they're out of their depth with digitals?
i'd have thought at least 10-25% of people were still on win98se or earlier?
especialy on older machines?
Anonymous
Posted 18/07/2005 - 00:14 Link
Try using the unofficial drivers for USB Mass Storage devices by Maximus Decim:
http://www.msfn.org/board/?showtopic=43605

Worked fine with my Optio S50 (as well as my USB Flash Memory Key).

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo