Wide aperture wide angle lenses

mikew
Posted 29/09/2009 - 21:58 Link
It seems that no-one makes something like a 20mm f2 lens in any fit or am I mistaken? Is there one in Pentax fit? I'd have thought that Nikon would have made one.

Mike
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
johnriley
Posted 29/09/2009 - 22:29 Link
20mm f2 would be a bit optimistic I think.
Best regards, John
George Lazarette
Posted 29/09/2009 - 22:33 Link
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Malo1961
Posted 29/09/2009 - 22:52 Link
Hi Mike,

Here you are. Also available in Pentax mount.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
RR
Posted 29/09/2009 - 23:58 Link
I have the Sigma 20mm f1.8 & love it. Mike, my recent "handbag" shots on flickr were using the Sigma 20mm.

I would think that it wouldn't appeal to you Mike as it's a rather large lens (82mm filter) & I know you like to pocket a few primes when out & about.
mikew
Posted 30/09/2009 - 07:40 Link
I thought that Sigma should do one. It's FF but none the worse for that I guess. Yes it'll be big all right but it would be nice to have the option of a wider aperture than the 21 ltd at 3.2 or whatever it is.

I think I'd consider it if I could finance it in part by selling my Tamron 17-50 which really doesn't get used all that much.

George, the Zuicko looks like quite a specialist lens but I'm not surprised they do one. I used an OM1 for a few years and it was very good. If I'd realised I could use my Zuickos on a digital Olympus I might well have bought an Oly not a Pentax.

Mike
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
johnriley
Posted 30/09/2009 - 07:58 Link
Quote:
If I'd realised I could use my Zuickos on a digital Olympus I might well have bought an Oly not a Pentax.
You can and you can't. The lenses that can be used are quite restricted as are the apertures that they can be used at. It's not the same sort of universal compatibility that you get with Pentax and, to almost the same degree, Nikon.
Best regards, John
mikew
Posted 30/09/2009 - 08:17 Link
Well that's good then. I bought into Pentax on a bang for bucks basis as I was unsure if I would reignite my enthusiasm for photography and it was a name I knew from the past. I got good money for the Oly kit when I sold it.

I really don't regret buying Pentax for one moment so far.

Mike
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
hefty1
Posted 30/09/2009 - 11:32 Link
Olympus did a very small range of M42 mount Zuikos for a brief spell in the 70's and they do appear on eBay from time to time. Being a bit of an Oly fan myself I often look at them when they show up but they always fetch ££££.

I still quite fancy one or two to use on the K10D though...
Joining the Q
mikew
Posted 02/10/2009 - 09:03 Link
I already have the 21 ltd which is as I recall f3.2 hence wanting something a bit faster but sadly only in my dreams at the moment!

The Sigma looks the way to go to me.

Mike
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo